any CS'ers into planted aquariums, shrimps, fish or aquatic plants ?

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
its quite a relaxing theraphy siting down watching plants grow and staring blankly into my little 2ft tank planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias

its quite a relaxing theraphy siting down watching plants grow and staring blankly into my little 2ft tank planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias

show us a pic of your aquarium

show us a pic of your aquarium

Agreed, I could use some relaxing therapy watching ed's tank of growing plants, planted with java moss, duckweed, windelov ferns, salvinia and various anubias

used to...
really miss aquascape

i guess i will have a 4x2x2 in my own home next time
hoping try to breed some heckel in it!

you guys AQ, AF, FT not enough meh?????

I used to rare fish too; marine and fresh water.
Yes, it's really relaxing to watch the fish swim, epecially if you have plants or "caves" in the tank.
I DIYed the carbon dioxide too!
I want to start a tank again but my other half will not agree.....

Had been keeping fishes and aquatic plants for many years now......way before I took up photography. Till now some of my first batch of cardinal tetras and corys are still around.

Keeping marine reef tank is just another bank bursting hobby....after 4 years I quit after the disaster hit my tank, main power to my unit trip after my condo MA upgrading bus bar while we were overseas and no one reset the breaker until we are home 2 days later. It wipe out everything then decided to decom the complete tank.
Planted tank should be better I guess, benefit having fish tank is really a joy sometime better than watching TV.

planted tanker reporting in. nothing better than to enjoy lush greenery and landscapes in your own balcony. pelia (subwassertang), US fissiden, flame moss, taiwan moss.

used to have a 6x2x2 with Altums, Blue head heckels and RSG in an all amazon swords planted tank, now I have a 4x2x1.5 diamond glass tank (empty) in my dining room :). I also co-run a forum on mainly planted tanks

planted tanker reporting in. nothing better than to enjoy lush greenery and landscapes in your own balcony. pelia (subwassertang), US fissiden, flame moss, taiwan moss.

In balcony wouldn't there be too much sunshine and water turning green with algae?

Sorry for the question as I only had kept fishes but not plants.

Current tank 2x1x1 . Mainly Planted with HC and some shrimps. I love watching the green lush of HC with pearling O2 on the leaves.

In balcony wouldn't there be too much sunshine and water turning green with algae?

Sorry for the question as I only had kept fishes but not plants.

EXACTLY ! thats the challenge ..... in finding as perfect a balance as possible both from an asthetic perspective as well as from a scientific perspective

The joy in achieving zero or minimal water changes as vs once a WEEk is very zen

nicken said:
Current tank 2x1x1 . Mainly Planted with HC and some shrimps. I love watching the green lush of HC with pearling O2 on the leaves.

Good job! Never had much success with HC. crs?

simonsng said:
used to have a 6x2x2 with Altums, Blue head heckels and RSG in an all amazon swords planted tank, now I have a 4x2x1.5 diamond glass tank (empty) in my dining room :). I also co-run a forum on mainly planted tanks

aquaticquotient? o.0 seems like there are aq and cs forumers haha

ed9119 said:
EXACTLY ! thats the challenge ..... in finding as perfect a balance as possible both from an asthetic perspective as well as from a scientific perspective

The joy in achieving zero or minimal water changes as vs once a WEEk is very zen

Haha have to agree with you on this. Just top up water :D

Sion, for planted i always face some form of algae constant war against them. usually hair or green spot. especially high tech tank must always balance the conditions well!

Haha have to agree with you on this. Just top up water :D

Sion, for planted i always face some form of algae constant war against them. usually hair or green spot. especially high tech tank must always balance the conditions well!

Is there sunlight shining directly on the tank? Natural sunlight is not good for fish tank as it promote algae growth.