Any compact 3.2MP camera 2 intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3csl

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
Hi as above any recommendations? My budget is abt 400. Realli like the Nikon Coolpix 3700 last heard it was $520 which is a bit over my budget. Now looking at Olympus C310Z and Canon Powershot A310. Thanks!

For second hand, do try out the Canon A70.. The A75 is about 470 i think..

OzOn3 said:
For second hand, do try out the Canon A70.. The A75 is about 470 i think..

thks! but think there r still shops selling new A70s? there isnt much of a diff expect a bit bigger lcd screen rite?

The 'new A70s' are called A75.. haha.. It's about $470.. yeah, the LCD screen is bigger.. and that's about it.. Oh ya and a few other gimmicks too... haa

hmm i quite like the A75 but the design err nt realli nice but does it hve any major cons? like redeye? or perfroms well at nite?

For your budget, I would recommend a C-310 Zoom over a A-310 as the Olympus camera has optical zoom.

A75 is a good camera for photographers as there is manual exposure overide, however, after spending about 470, you would still need to buy rechargable batteries, bag (not provided) and most importantly memory cards and your budget would go up to 600 easily.

As for the C-310, The kit comes with a rechargable battery kit with 4 rechargable batteries. The charger is not the fast type but the 4 Energizer 2100mAH would help you save in batteries. A soft pouch is provided and in the kit, there is also a mini-tripod as well as a Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.
Since the kit is sellling at a recommended retail price at $399, you would be able to get it cheaper and there's still enough change for a 64MB memory card. One interesting feature of this camera is that you can take macro at an amazing distance of just 2cm from the front of the lens. For video, it's just 320x240 like most digital camera and the recording time is up to the card's capacity, furthermore, optical zoom could be used while in movie recording mode. However, there is no sound recording for this camera. Another feature missing is there's no video out to connect to your television. But how many of us do use the video and the video out function?

Bean said:
For your budget, I would recommend a C-310 Zoom over a A-310 as the Olympus camera has optical zoom.

A75 is a good camera for photographers as there is manual exposure overide, however, after spending about 470, you would still need to buy rechargable batteries, bag (not provided) and most importantly memory cards and your budget would go up to 600 easily.

As for the C-310, The kit comes with a rechargable battery kit with 4 rechargable batteries. The charger is not the fast type but the 4 Energizer 2100mAH would help you save in batteries. A soft pouch is provided and in the kit, there is also a mini-tripod as well as a Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.
Since the kit is sellling at a recommended retail price at $399, you would be able to get it cheaper and there's still enough change for a 64MB memory card. One interesting feature of this camera is that you can take macro at an amazing distance of just 2cm from the front of the lens. For video, it's just 320x240 like most digital camera and the recording time is up to the card's capacity, furthermore, optical zoom could be used while in movie recording mode. However, there is no sound recording for this camera. Another feature missing is there's no video out to connect to your television. But how many of us do use the video and the video out function?

eh, i use the video function for my A70 :D

But ya, i agree on your point on the batteries part, i overlooked it. =x my bad.

Bean said:

wow $600! Thats way over my budget as i'm looking for a base camera as my family wont be demanding much. Btw does it hve AF assist at nite? From wat u said it does seems that C310 seems 2 be quite a gd base camera is it? If only it supports SD card it be even better as i hve another digi cam which uses SD and thot i can use it. Video isnt realli an issue to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.