Any comments regarding this DC: Olympus C-3040Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusetrips

Jan 17, 2002
Anyone?
Any comments?

I think C3040 is a very good DC.

I afraid John3:16 don't have stock for C3040. The last time I ask they said out of production. They have C3020 and they told me honestly is a scale down version of C3040. . CP quoted me $1250 Dec last year. Too ex, might as well get G2. So end up with C2040.

Originally posted by Kevin
I think C3040 is a very good DC.

I afraid John3:16 don't have stock for C3040. The last time I ask they said out of production. They have C3020 and they told me honestly is a scale down version of C3040. . CP quoted me $1250 Dec last year. Too ex, might as well get G2. So end up with C2040.

1250 quite close to G2 price but thats the price excluding all the necessary accessories. :( Have to add at least another 100 buck or more to it.

Originally posted by fusetrips

1250 quite close to G2 price but thats the price excluding all the necessary accessories. :( Have to add at least another 100 buck or more to it.
Ya loh. That is why I end up with C2040 when it drop to 750. I think you should be able to get close to 1000 soon as some shops claim it is coming to end of production life. That is the reason they give to drop C2040 to 750 to clear stock, which is also around one year old. So short life span! But good for me lah.

Originally posted by Kevin
Ya loh. That is why I end up with C2040 when it drop to 750. I think you should be able to get close to 1000 soon as some shops claim it is coming to end of production life. That is the reason they give to drop C2040 to 750 to clear stock, which is also around one year old. So short life span! But good for me lah.

Hey Kevin,

Care to share with me which shop did you actually get the info from?;)

Some of it is my own deduction. Which model you refer to? For C2040, some shop says they run out of stock like AP (I think). And John3:16 is normally 50 to 150 more than others and suddenly they are selling it at 750 (used to be 1000). I guess C2040 must be coming to end of production soon. I heard some rumurs in the forum as well.

As for C3040, I am not so sure. AP and CP still have stock but the price is too close to C4040. In order to clear the stock, the dealer have to drop the price further. When I was at John3:16 looking at C2040, I ask for the price of C3040 thought that it may have dropped to 950 (fat hope ;) ). But Leslie from John told me they don't have stock and no more shipment ordered because it is end of production cycle.

If you keen on the C3040, I would suggest you request e-quote from AP and CP every 3 weeks to monitor the price. Like stock market. :D

I've checked with quite a number of shops and even Olympus itself. They told me that C-3040 is presently out of stock in Singapore. Still gotta wait for the shipment. :(

I've checked with quite a number of shops and even Olympus itself. They told me that C-3040 is presently out of stock in Singapore. Still gotta wait for the shipment. :(

Hmmms, give me the 'end of production line feeling'. Did Oly say when new shipment will come in? Don't know they want to end such a wonderful model so early for what?:confused:

hi kevin,

how do u find ur c2040? eg. ease of use, manual functions, good niteshot capabilities? value for money?
cos im considering either this cam or the fuji 2800. would like to hear some of ur personal experiences using this cam.

thx!

Originally posted by scong19
hi kevin,

how do u find ur c2040? eg. ease of use, manual functions, good niteshot capabilities? value for money?
cos im considering either this cam or the fuji 2800. would like to hear some of ur personal experiences using this cam.

thx!
I find it a very good DC, value for money at this price 750. It has the follwoing plus point compare to Fuji2800
a. Fast bright lens of F1.8
b. Manual control
c. Speed/Aperture Priority
d. 4s exposure (night shot) under PnS mode
e. 16s exposure (night shot) under Manual mode.
f. P mode just Point and shoot.
g. lens adaptor available.
h. External Flash connector available.
i. Spot metering

The only con compare to 2800 is the 6x zoom for 2800 and only 3x zoom for C2040. Can increase the zoom by using Teleconversion lens though.

Find this DC snap shots very fast. Can shoot the next shot while the DC saving the current shot.

One problem I find is hotpixel come up very fast at 1/2s shutter speed onward. May affect nightshot.

The pictures taken is sharp. I have not taken too many shots yet so can't comment too much. Blitz, do you have anything to add. You can look at some of the macro shots Blitz has taken.

I think the bottom line is Fuji2800 give you 6x zoom but not much manual control. C2040 give you everything except the zoom may need to enhance with teleconversion lens. I highly recommend this DC and buy it from John3:16 at Funan (like me). It come with Oly BU200 charger and 4x1700Mh Rechargeble batteries, normal charger and 32Mb SM card at $750.

Cheers--

Originally posted by mpenza
The fast lens on the 2040 or 3040 would do well for places like night safari :)

Any comments regarding 4040?

That's almost the same as the 3040 right? Except for the higher resolution? dpreview didn't even bother to review the camera :p

Originally posted by mpenza
That's almost the same as the 3040 right? Except for the higher resolution? dpreview didn't even bother to review the camera :p

Can I say that those models that doesn't review by them aren't good model?:confused:

Can I say that those models that doesn't review by them aren't good model?:confused:

No. Probably, there aren't a lot of differences to warrant a full review. Also, they won't have the time to review every single digital camera that comes out :p

At situations like this I also dunno how to know the products better. Some models which I am interested in doesn't have any review at all.:(

At situations like this I also dunno how to know the products better. Some models which I am interested in doesn't have any review at all.:(

Try Steve's digicam and megapixel.net. I find they have better in-depth reviews than dpreview.com.

Just my 2 cts thought.

fusetrips, was at Oly Offfice during lunch. Chatting with the Recep Helen, sound like C3040 is confirmed end of production. Hope they still can bring in the last batch of shipment for you before the stocks are gone worldwide. Hmmms, who knows, may be they will have fantastic "end of production" sales when the last shipment is in.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.