Any comments on fujifilm S5000??

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezert

Jul 23, 2006
Hi all guys... i just recently took up photography as a form of hobby... due to lack of knowledge and experience in photography i decided to join in here for comments on the a/m camera model... as my fren was trying to sell it off ... hope to hear frm u guys....!

Hi weezert,

Welcome! for the functions of the camera, you can read up the web for the information. But if you are thinking of buying the camera from your friend, you may want to check out the current selling price of the camera first and check that the functions and features of your friend's camera are all working perfectly. You may also want to borrow the camera from your friend for some shooting to have some hands on and get to know the camera first. You must feel comfy with the camera and may want to compare with other cameras before deciding. Try to go to a shop and hold the different models in your hands to get the 'feel' s& decide which is a more suitable camera for you.

I used to own Fuji S5000. It suddenly died on me and my photos all got violet streaks . But anyway, I think that is my fault because I use it rain for shine. My gripe with this camera is (1) every time you change battery, the time and settings always go back to default. Their previous cameras like S602 are not like this so I would consider this a bug or st*****ty. Not only is it a hassle but you might find yourself shooting in a different setting (i.e. ISO) if you forget or lose opportunity because you're fiddling with the image size. (2) the on/off switch is so flimsy it very often turn on by itself (nothing supernatural) and then the battery starts draining.

The only good thing about it is the 22x zoom but its a trade-off against photo quality which I still miss from S602 (older uncle). I have also compared this to its (one of the) newest nephew F11 and F11 is by far greater, and you will learn how to handle ISO, apperture, shutter priorities. I do have some gripes on F11 but thats' another story.

dawgbyte77 said:
I used to own Fuji S5000. It suddenly died on me and my photos all got violet streaks . But anyway, I think that is my fault because I use it rain for shine. My gripe with this camera is (1) every time you change battery, the time and settings always go back to default. Their previous cameras like S602 are not like this so I would consider this a bug or st*****ty. Not only is it a hassle but you might find yourself shooting in a different setting (i.e. ISO) if you forget or lose opportunity because you're fiddling with the image size. (2) the on/off switch is so flimsy it very often turn on by itself (nothing supernatural) and then the battery starts draining.

The only good thing about it is the 22x zoom but its a trade-off against photo quality which I still miss from S602 (older uncle). I have also compared this to its (one of the) newest nephew F11 and F11 is by far greater, and you will learn how to handle ISO, apperture, shutter priorities. I do have some gripes on F11 but thats' another story.

it is actually 10x (optical zoom) and 2x digital zoom (digital zoom).

weezert said:
Hi all guys... i just recently took up photography as a form of hobby... due to lack of knowledge and experience in photography i decided to join in here for comments on the a/m camera model... as my fren was trying to sell it off ... hope to hear frm u guys....!.

check this thread regarding the quality of the pics taken by the pic. http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=192244

vbs1979 said:
it is actually 10x (optical zoom) and 2x digital zoom (digital zoom)./QUOTE]

Sorry, my mistake. Yep it is 10x optical. Anyway, I owned 4 Fujis so far. s2600z, s602z, s5000 and F11. The worst is s2600z. The best is s602z (in its time), and then F11 is better than s5000 (even tho the are non-comparable at the same level).

I have chosen s5000 over s7000 because s5000 has 10x while s7000 has only 6x but I realize later that s7000 is the true heir of s602 (although *******ized in some specs to drop the cost).

Anyway, my advice is that it depends on how much you can get the s5000. I won't buy it for more than $200 since it has been superceeded by s5500, s5600 and s6500. But if you can get it for $100, quality or not, as long as it is in good working condition, then go for it.

dawgbyte77 said:
vbs1979 said:
it is actually 10x (optical zoom) and 2x digital zoom (digital zoom)./QUOTE]

Sorry, my mistake. Yep it is 10x optical. Anyway, I owned 4 Fujis so far. s2600z, s602z, s5000 and F11. The worst is s2600z. The best is s602z (in its time), and then F11 is better than s5000 (even tho the are non-comparable at the same level).

I have chosen s5000 over s7000 because s5000 has 10x while s7000 has only 6x but I realize later that s7000 is the true heir of s602 (although *******ized in some specs to drop the cost).

Anyway, my advice is that it depends on how much you can get the s5000. I won't buy it for more than $200 since it has been superceeded by s5500, s5600 and s6500. But if you can get it for $100, quality or not, as long as it is in good working condition, then go for it.

personally, get at least an s5500 or s5600 or higher. i own the s5500 and i learnt ISO, manual settings on it. now moved to DSLR and am quite noobish but the pics are ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.