any comment on the Pentax !ist or the Minolta Dynax series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynax 5 and 7 are good camera to use.

You can easily find the review in when you do a search.

And you will definitely have more lens choice compare to pentax.

Snowcrash said:
Dynax 5 and 7 are good camera to use.

You can easily find the review in when you do a search.

And you will definitely have more lens choice compare to pentax.

i second that. minolta makes excellent film bodies. you will definitely fall in love with the 7. i still haven't gotten over it.

munfai said:
i second that. minolta makes excellent film bodies. you will definitely fall in love with the 7. i still haven't gotten over it.

Agree. Minolta makes excellent film bodies and their lenses are pretty good too. Don't bother about getting Pentax in case getting Pentax mount lenses become a problem. :)

Pop into Minolta showroom in funan and get a feel how the Dynax 9 with 300mm lens attached focuses in low light.....and you will be hooked.:)

Locally, Pentax lenses are kind of hard to buy because nobody is willing to sell them, and the shops that do sell them puts on a unrealistic price tag. But if importing is not a problem, K-mount lenses are plentiful and cheap. You just have to search.

Both the Pentax *ist and the *ist D does NOT have full support for the pre-A series lenses. I suppose you are starting a new system so this should not bother you too much but in case you do end up with a *ist (or the MZ-50/30/60), do note that you cannot use the older manual-focus Pentax lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.