Any chinchilla owners here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinchillas are not really that expensive....
Shops normally price them higher..... but unless U are experienced enough.... think its better for new owners to buy from good shops..... Although I paid more for my 1st chinchilla, which was bought from a shop.... I learnt alot of the shop owner on how to take care of chinchillas.... Chinchillas are quite delicate creatures.... they can die rather easily if they are not taken care of properly.....

With the experience from my 1st chinchilla.... I bought 2 more chinchillas at the same price as my 1st chinchilla from an online ad....

Anyway..... chinchillas are priced differently based on their fur colour (genetics) and whether they are imported or local breed....
More experienced owners will go for chinchillas based on fur quality and body size....

So for those with a tight budget.... U can get a local breed standard grey chinchilla for as low at $100....

Chinchillas are also much cheaper than dogs to maintain.....
Its always cheaper to feed a vegetarian than one that eats meat.... :D

Originally posted by xin
Chinchillas are not really that expensive....
Shops normally price them higher..... but unless U are experienced enough.... think its better for new owners to buy from good shops..... Although I paid more for my 1st chinchilla, which was bought from a shop.... I learnt alot of the shop owner on how to take care of chinchillas.... Chinchillas are quite delicate creatures.... they can die rather easily if they are not taken care of properly.....

With the experience from my 1st chinchilla.... I bought 2 more chinchillas at the same price as my 1st chinchilla from an online ad....

Anyway..... chinchillas are priced differently based on their fur colour (genetics) and whether they are imported or local breed....
More experienced owners will go for chinchillas based on fur quality and body size....

So for those with a tight budget.... U can get a local breed standard grey chinchilla for as low at $100....

Chinchillas are also much cheaper than dogs to maintain.....
Its always cheaper to feed a vegetarian than one that eats meat.... :D

At first I dont get it why this animal so ex, compare to rabbit or hamster or even dogs. But after I knew that this animal can life up to 20 years, then I think the money we pay is quite justified. If only they are not that expensive, I will buy some. If the price around $200 (nice color, not grey) region, I may buy one.

I have some hamsters. But I think hamster is not as cuddly as Chins. If not getting Chins, I will consider getting a cavy (guinea pig). I love animal :) :)

Think U can get a local beige at the price U looking at.... Maybe even cheaper.....

Actually.... standard grey quite nice mah..... I like standard greys.... they tend to look better coz of their superior genes....

Think if I were to add another to my collection... it will be a standard grey or a black velvet.....

Originally posted by xin
Think U can get a local beige at the price U looking at.... Maybe even cheaper.....

Actually.... standard grey quite nice mah..... I like standard greys.... they tend to look better coz of their superior genes....

Think if I were to add another to my collection... it will be a standard grey or a black velvet.....

Ok for a comple starter package, how much will it cost? Includind the cage and the food, Chin sand. Care to explain....

Status
Not open for further replies.