Any cheap and good 3rd party Flash for nikon D90 to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

If you are really going for a third party flash i would say the Nissin Di622 or the sunpak PZ42X. Both have mounts for nikon or canon, and from what i see Di622 is very easy to operate. Just on the flash,once the ready light is on you can fire away. There is auto focus, power 1:1 to 1:34(if i got the numbers correct) and it works with nikon I-TTL system,do check out some reviews about it. As for the sunpak PZ42X there is a LCD screen which you can tune your EV adjustments on it,but slightly less powerful than the Nissin. Nissin's guide number is 44 at ISO 100.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cheers!

I just bought a snupak PZ42X from Edison Photos at Sim Lim yesterday. Not bad Flash for a newbie like me. I'm also using a D90. It auto colabarates according to your camera settings and when you zoom. Got it at $195

I just bought a snupak PZ42X from Edison Photos at Sim Lim yesterday. Not bad Flash for a newbie like me. I'm also using a D90. It auto colabarates according to your camera settings and when you zoom. Got it at $195

Hi there JT-Fied,

$195 is quite a decent preice i guess, i got a quote from alan photo for $210. But i want to confirm does sunpak have a service centre in singapore? and how many years of waranty does the flash comes with? Cos i'm considering to get either a sunpak/nissin flash.hahah ;)

Cheers!

Nikon flashes are worth their money. Once you've learnt flash photography, you'll find how useful it is. Save a bit more and get a SB800/900.

Holy cow, Sunpak is back in Singapore? They're pretty good flashes. I had a Metz once that was a re-badged Sunpak. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.