Any CCNA certified member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
Hello,

anyone of you certified by CISCO as CCNA or even higher?

Here... Studying for CCIE now..
Skipped NP
:devil:

besh said:
Hello,

anyone of you certified by CISCO as CCNA or even higher?

My CCNA has just expired.

I've done a CCIE exam since (one of 4 or 5) which I think means my CCNA gets extended, but I haven't bothered to check properly.

The last Cisco exam I did was pretty clever, they have put quite a lot of effort in to trying to make it relavant and practical by 'simulating' IOS and real products. It's really like trying to set up the real thing.

The CCNA exam I did a few years back had a lot of useless stuff in it, there was to much focus on stuff people just didn't really use any more (Particularly IPX) but i'm told they have significantly revised it to bring it up to date since then.

I m interested to get CCNA and MCSE cert but courses fee are very high. Any idea that I can self study and go for exam only?

me

+ MCSA/MCSE

;p

matthew said:
I've done a CCIE exam since (one of 4 or 5) which I think means my CCNA gets extended, but I haven't bothered to check properly.

Which CCIE track did u go for? Me studying for R&S now... *keeping fingers crossed* :sweat:

s2s1 said:
I m interested to get CCNA and MCSE cert but courses fee are very high. Any idea that I can self study and go for exam only?

Yes possible, I got my MCSE via self study, did save alot on the course fees. Be prepare to get your weekends burned.

Good luck ;)

jsbn said:
MCSE shld cost around $3K right?

7 papers x S$225 = S$1575

MCSE very easy to get one.... one week study for 1 paper, 7 weeks u become MCSE liao

Adam Goi said:
CCNA? CCIE? MCSE? MCSA?

All I know I'm ABC certified ... qualified to teach alphabets ... :bsmilie:

Networking (Computer) certifications.

Yes, self study is possible, and it works for icarus :)
and i've finished my RIP/IGRP/EIGRP/OSPF, now deep dive into layer 2 switching..

and hopefuly next week can touch Frame Relay and Access list..
you know ? due to my laziness ..... i've started my CCNA couple of month ago.. now only finished 1/2 a book... hahaha.

Anyway. it doesn't matter 1 or 1/2 book,
the most important is how much i absorb :)

85% gua....

Router Sim.... i'm coming.....

s2s1 said:

You certainly can 'go in cold' for the Cisco exams. (And video conference certifications by Polycom). But you want to be really certain about the subject.

I went and did the CCNA exam having just spent 2 weeks reading the Cisco press exam primer. My wife did (and passed) the CCNA exam at the same time WITH OUT even reading the exam primer!.
But we both work with Cisco gear, she's working on it nearly every day. (Sitting on her desk at work are two cisco routers, one with a VIOP card, and 2 old cisco Access servers).

If you wanted to do the certification exam so that you could get a job in the field, doing the exams with out doing a course is going to be pretty hard, as you won't have any actual experience on the equipment.

Note the actual exams are generally NOT free, they can be pretty expensive on their own, and the courses generally have the exam as part of the package, so when considering the cost of the course, remember that a chunk of that course fee is the exam fee that you will have to pay anyway.

icarus said:

MCSE very easy to get one.... one week study for 1 paper, 7 weeks u become MCSE liao

The exam fee for MCSE $1575??!! :bigeyes:
How much is the exam fee for the CCNA?

Any web has infomation about these certs? Should I pay for camera for this $1500+~ very expensive!

icarus said:

:bigeyes:

* togu bow to the study master :sweat:

s2s1 said:
The exam fee for MCSE $1575??!! :bigeyes:
How much is the exam fee for the CCNA?

Any web has infomation about these certs? Should I pay for camera for this $1500+~ very expensive!

Cisco papers cost S$250, except for CCIE written is S$500
:sweatsm:

Personally i suggest going for the camera instead. MCSE is becoming way too common.

:devil: :devil:

:sweat:
togu said:
:bigeyes:

* togu bow to the study master :sweat:

besh said:
Yes, self study is possible, and it works for icarus :)
and i've finished my RIP/IGRP/EIGRP/OSPF, now deep dive into layer 2 switching..

and hopefuly next week can touch Frame Relay and Access list..
you know ? due to my laziness ..... i've started my CCNA couple of month ago.. now only finished 1/2 a book... hahaha.

Anyway. it doesn't matter 1 or 1/2 book,
the most important is how much i absorb :)

85% gua....

Router Sim.... i'm coming.....

So are you taking 1 exam or 2 exam? I prepared mine using the Cisco self-study kit and Sybex last year, took the single exam.

Remember to keep doing testking. :D

icarus said:
Cisco papers cost S$250, except for CCIE written is S$500
:sweatsm:

Personally i suggest going for the camera instead. MCSE is becoming way too common.

:kok:

Although they are like toilet paper now, but with them, you stand a chance of getting more cameras in the future.

The equation is simple,

(Now no camera/ spend money to study) x how much u study
=
future got big big cameras

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.