Any camera with ISO greater 6400, 12800?


Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
#1
Is this technically possible? ;p
 

sk.images

New Member
Dec 9, 2005
1,244
0
0
www.pbase.com
#2
Even the 3200 in most cameras is actually done using software in-camera on the RAW data, so I would guess that 6400, 12800, etc would be possible in the same way. The question would be - why would you want to - you can achieve the same result during conversion.
 

DT_

New Member
Nov 4, 2005
883
0
0
#3
imo, technologically... it's not impossible... in fact i'm expecting something beyond that in a decade to come.. reason could be the scene of commercial giants battling for more improved ccd/cmos, software, that keeps the pace of invention going steadily....
 

michhy

New Member
Oct 21, 2005
780
0
0
#4
cyber_m0nkey said:
Even the 3200 in most cameras is actually done using software in-camera on the RAW data, so I would guess that 6400, 12800, etc would be possible in the same way. The question would be - why would you want to - you can achieve the same result during conversion.
ISO sensitivity is not done in-camera by means of RAW data.
 

Moonstone

New Member
Sep 25, 2004
464
0
0
Woodlands
#5
Maybe those camera use by the spy have this technology; who knows?;p

Something like a pocket camera that's so small and can take photos of confidential documents without utilising flash in those spy movies.
 

sweat100

Senior Member
Jul 7, 2002
1,630
4
38
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
#6
It is actually possible now if you use film. Ilford delta 3200 can be pushed to iso12800. People do this to achieve the high contrast B&W effect. Ie, the photographs consist mainly black or white. Grey is not very much included. Correct me if i am wrong. :)
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
0
#8
Moonstone said:
Maybe those camera use by the spy have this technology; who knows?;p

Something like a pocket camera that's so small and can take photos of confidential documents without utilising flash in those spy movies.
They use lithographic film, which means that sensitivity may be there but it's just black or white, nothing in between.
 

An drew

Senior Member
May 27, 2005
3,920
9
38
#9
michhy said:
ISO sensitivity is not done in-camera by means of RAW data.
True for normal ISO sensitivity but he was referring to 3200 and in particular the Canon's DSLRs like 20D.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom