Any camera <$300 recommedatio

sadper

Apr 18, 2012
Hi.

My department want to buy camera that cost less then $300 for normal usage.

Any recommendation?
Any brand is OK but need to be <$300.

Just hope to have the following features.
1. Robust so that it can last longer
2. Flash as some location taking photo is dark.
3. WiFi to transfer the picture (not compulsory)

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Tough on a budget of <300
If can, possible to get a good second set :)

Last edited:
Need to claim so if hv recipe is OK with it

TS, you're not new this forum so you should know this -- if you want meaningful answers, give us meaningful info. General photos? Doesn't tell us anything. Only know you sometimes shoot in the dark, but dark office, dark warehouse, outdoor night shots are all very different.

Offhand, you're asking an awful lot for an under $300 camera (+ lens and flash!), even used. Without specific info, I'd say you need to double your budget (or more)

lx5
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Thanks all.

I know I am not new to this. I am curious what camera model most company is using. I believe company normally don't buy high end camera if the camera is not a profit item.

So my department had ask for recommendation of camera with a budget of $300.

If you are to ask why need a camera now and what happen to the last camera that we are using? The answers is the camera is been pass around the colleague and now is misplace so that why need to buy a camera.

For what I know the camera is use to take pic such as
- evidence like part receive
- department store room appearance due to cleanliness issue
- part damage evidence if use inproper

The people using is not into image IQ etc. Just need a normal PIC to show or inculde in the report. Handphone is not allow because of some confident info.

Perhaps you can pick up an old Nikon or Canon that is 4-6 years old, and a kit zoom. I got a Nikon 5100+18-55 lens for about $300 more than 2 years ago.

As others have pointed out there's nothing fantastic under $300 for new cameras.
The market <$300 cameras has almost been taken over by handphone cameras

Since you can't use handphone camera, and need receipt for claiming purposes, just get any model that fit the budget from the camera shops. Most cameras nowadays have Wifi and most compact cameras have built in flash.
If you want more robust ones may consider those waterproof cameras but probably have to raise your budget

The people using is not into image IQ etc. Just need a normal PIC to show or inculde in the report. Handphone is not allow because of some confident info.

If it is just for simple documentation of parts and there is no need for high resolution and super sharpness, then consider the Canon Ixus range. The IXUS285 is just within your budget.

Letting us know what the the camera that was used before would help in know what kind of expectation your company have in terms of quality.

<300 better off use your handphone, most are low light nowadays some even can shoot RAW

TS said: Re: Any camera <$300 recommedatio

Hi.

My department want to buy camera that cost less then $300 for normal usage.

Any recommendation?
Any brand is OK but need to be <$300.

Just hope to have the following features.
1. Robust so that it can last longer
2. Flash as some location taking photo is dark.
3. WiFi to transfer the picture (not compulsory)

Then why would you also want wifi, since can easily transfer to mobile device?

Anyway, I think your options are straightforward. You can easily go for any standard point and shoot.

Given that your last dept camera was 'misplaced', get something cheap that is less tempting.

This for $155. Comes in at half the budget. Save the other half of the budget for the replacement in 2-3 years.
If prefer physical shop, any of the standard camera shops or dept stores should carry? Easy to claim, with 1yr warranty.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/new-model-canon-ixus-185-blackblack-i107116672-s109871882.html

Last edited:
Perhaps you can pick up an old Nikon or Canon that is 4-6 years old, and a kit zoom. I got a Nikon 5100+18-55 lens for about $300 more than 2 years ago.

Good idea! A friend of mine got a similar deal not too long ago