Any Cam to recommend for taking marco photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yilin

Jul 24, 2004
Within Me
I am looking for a good cam that can take close maro or micro pic of details of small objects..
Is their any Auto one in the market that can take good pic...self forcus to take shap pic?:)

I believe you are looking for prosumer camera? If yes, the Canon S3 IS is a good choice. I believe its Super Macro mode can focus 0cm from the subject..

Nikon D200 with Macro 105mm lens and a Sb800 Flash...

westwest1 said:
Nikon D200 with Macro 105mm lens and a Sb800 Flash...
Above is good :thumbsup: if Yilin looking for DSLR.

Alternative cheaper one is Nikon D50 with Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro and SB600...

My setup is Nikon D70s with Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro and SB800...

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Above is good :thumbsup: if Yilin looking for DSLR.

Alternative cheaper one is Nikon D50 with Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro and SB600...

My setup is Nikon D70s with Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro and SB800...

Regards,
Arto.

you have a nice setup too..

yilin said:
I am looking for a good cam that can take close maro or micro pic of details of small objects..
Is their any Auto one in the market that can take good pic...self forcus to take shap pic?:)

What's your budget? I believe you are looking for a compact camera is it? If so, then you need to look at cameras with good macro modes and allow super close focussing...

If for DSLRs, it's the types of macro lenses that give u the final result. Body any also can.

westwest1 said:
you have a nice setup too..
Thank you.

You with D200 is much2 better. Especially when you have no choice but to crop the photo. 6M on D70s compare to 10.5 on D200, sure you have more power :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

Sony H1 or H2 >> 0cm Damn POWER MACRO. best ever macro device used! the other similar one is Canon S3 pro. Both ROCKS.

Artosoft said:
Thank you.

You with D200 is much2 better. Especially when you have no choice but to crop the photo. 6M on D70s compare to 10.5 on D200, sure you have more power :thumbsup: .

Regards,
Arto.

haha...my setup not so good lah :nono: ...just some decent camera with a crappy user...

ronaldjace said:
Sony H1 or H2 >> 0cm Damn POWER MACRO. best ever macro device used! the other similar one is Canon S3 pro. Both ROCKS.

Canon S3 Pro? :think:
some kind of identity crisis? :bsmilie:

SFS said:
Canon S3 Pro? :think:
some kind of identity crisis? :bsmilie:

I think its a S1 pro ba :think:

lest us not forget that any compact camera like the powershot A series with a reverse 50mm prime lens can also be used for macro. look at tchuanye's gallery...

I have a D70 and a tokina AF100 F3.5 macro. Was low on budget when i got the lens. But it still does a lovely job.

smile_gerard said:
I have a D70 and a tokina AF100 F3.5 macro. Was low on budget when i got the lens. But it still does a lovely job.

How much is the lens?

Me too on low budget and looking for a macro lens. ;p

Any photo shots to share?:)

Thanks.:thumbsup:

I'm not planning on selling but i can show you some sample photo's. I got it for under $350. I don't really know how to post pictures here so maybe you can leave an email and i'll send you some samples?

smile_gerard said:
I'm not planning on selling but i can show you some sample photo's. I got it for under $350. I don't really know how to post pictures here so maybe you can leave an email and i'll send you some samples?
Click here to the gallery:
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/

Sign in using clubsnap user and password, and you can upload your photos there. After upload, you can copy the
and paste here, so you can view your photo here. Try that first on "Garbage & Testing forum" (the most bottom one).

Hope above help ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

Those were shot with my Tokina AF100mm F3.5 on my D70.
Thanks for the info about the photo's. Never knew it was this easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.