Any cafe allow you to shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleaz

Jul 11, 2008
www.flickr.com
Hi,

Anyone know if there's any cafe that will allow you to shoot in their premises?

1 photographer 1 gal = mostly yes for me, even pubs with flash and all. Group of photogs.. NO! Unless you bribe

1 photographer 1 gal = mostly yes for me, even pubs with flash and all. Group of photogs.. NO! Unless you bribe

Then you're a very lucky person. I have asked numerous places and mostly no.

Where did you shoot specifically that were fine with photography? If not convenient to post here, can also PM me. Thanks.

Then you're a very lucky person. I have asked numerous places and mostly no.

Where did you shoot specifically that were fine with photography? If not convenient to post here, can also PM me. Thanks.

if you shoot one or two shot ok I guess but if you bring reflector, put up strobes etc ... I dont think they will allow

Shoot? Pubs, cafes, Japanese Restaurants. Even used flash and their decorations, etc. I usually ask "ok if I shoot my girlfriend?" heck, a bartender even joked I've to get a drink from him for $100bucks.

prefer to be using a compact instead...attracts less attention.

Last edited:
If I'm a cafe owner, I'll allow. But must include the cafe's name in your photos, free advertisement :)

drink stall in pulau Ubin? :D

they dun even bother to ask and may also join u in ur shoot..:bsmilie:

No U turn syndrome in S'pore.
Typically, you ask, they will say no.
You just do a few snap shots with your family members in the pict, usually ok.
S'porean shops are all very paranoid over ppl copying their shop layout/price/design/etc.

I've encountered an interesting one the other day. This bloke had his bird (in cage) hanging across the road from the coffeeshop he was at. A fellow photographer went over to take some shots, but he was stopped. Cannot shoot his 'bird' (maybe a privacy issue) :)

Anyone know of any alternatives? Cafe-like place?

A last resort will be me shooting with a small prime without flash then

Status
Not open for further replies.