Any Cactus lover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Brought 3 cactus from Ikea on the 4th. Place them nice on the window ledge, don't worry, wouldn't fall down one. Just now water it, saw 2 flower buds on one of them. Now waiting for it to open up. Will take photo of it and post. Wonder is it common for cactus to have flowers? :think:

i've 2 small cacti..from IKEA..not sure how many water they need leh...how? i'm adding like 1ml to each of them every other day...enough?!

i've 2 small cacti..from IKEA..not sure how many water they need leh...how? i'm adding like 1ml to each of them every other day...enough?!

Just water them once per wk will do. Cactus don't need much water. I got 3 cause the metal container comes in 3 too. ;p

i use a 2ml syringe. :). I put them by the window..cos got diffused lighting.

This morning, took a look, 2 flower buds, nice nice.

Went to sleep as night shift yesterday, wake up n take a look at cactus.

5 X flower buds liao! 五福临门!

This morning, took a look, 2 flower buds, nice nice.

Went to sleep as night shift yesterday, wake up n take a look at cactus.

5 X flower buds liao! 五福临门!

got 2 numbers for toto liao...

put more water, let it huat...

Flower Blossom liao! :cheergal:

IMG_0483s.jpg

The other flower buds, can see?

IMG_0484s.jpg

IMG_0483s.jpg

IMG_0484s.jpg

Zomg. I didn't know that cactus flowers look like that. I always thought the one on top of the green colour cactus, usually red/yellow round looking thingy is the flower!! Nevermind, learnt something new today.. -___-"

eh u like faking us leh, the flower look like you PSed one...

So expert in PS, I no need to work so hard liao lor. You want to come to my house n see for urself? ;p

is very common for cactus to flower
but they only last few days ..

i have tat cactus before ..
they reproduce by growing a bud on itself. u can remove it and grow into another pot

if ur a fengshui believer u wont plant them in the house.
only outside

is very common for cactus to flower
but they only last few days ..

i have tat cactus before ..
they reproduce by growing a bud on itself. u can remove it and grow into another pot

if ur a fengshui believer u wont plant them in the house.
only outside

On the window area, consider inside or outside? Or 1/2 1/2? :dunno::think:

IMG_0483s.jpg

IMG_0484s.jpg

nice cactus, where did you get the metal flower pot? i'm using a small plastic coaster to hold back the loose soil....then total one of them (a tall one) toppled over, then the cactus become 'loose'(like a loose tooth etc), just tried to pad it back into place...can liao or not!!?

nice cactus, where did you get the metal flower pot? i'm using a small plastic coaster to hold back the loose soil....then total one of them (a tall one) toppled over, then the cactus become 'loose'(like a loose tooth etc), just tried to pad it back into place...can liao or not!!?

I found 3 metal containers beside the cactus at Ikea and so, brought 3 pots of cactus lor. The flower will "sleep" during evening n this morning, 6am+, open again, so cute! :bsmilie:

Think ur cactus will be fine. Go down stair n get some soil to replace if u think not enough lor. Remember not to over water it. My area humility is high, thinks my cactus don't need much water liao. ;p

I found 3 metal containers beside the cactus at Ikea and so, brought 3 pots of cactus lor. The flower will "sleep" during evening n this morning, 6am+, open again, so cute! :bsmilie:

Think ur cactus will be fine. Go down stair n get some soil to replace if u think not enough lor. Remember not to over water it. My area humility is high, thinks my cactus don't need much water liao. ;p

Lim zui ho... Lim zui huay kui HO HO HO... :bsmilie:

OT a bit... of late, I noticed that wedding guests tend to bring cactus plants as gifts to wedding couple, wondering why?:dunno:

Hi...would like to share my 2 little ones at my kitchen window. Pics were taken after a heavy thunderstorm and water splashed all over the cactus. Tot they looked good and decided to try some macro shots on them....(taken way back in Dec'05 and still growing very well). I water them almost every other day.........

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.