Any Buddy in West ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
hi All, & greetings to seniors,

I was wondering - anyone living in Jurong West Extension area mind joining me in burning some night shots in and around Nanyang area ?

- I'm targetting Nanyang CC building. Looks rather pretty by night with all the lightings. And traffic trails.

Photographers of any level at all, I consider myself amateurish and a beginner - so, no worries. Just wanna unwind from a bad day.

Surprisingly, today was rather dry.... no rain here.
( hope I didn;t just spoke too soon )

Those keen in joining me, kindly PM me. I'll wait fer responds till 7:30pm, then I'm off to Nanyang CC area.

Add : by the way, I mean tonight.

Fresh News : There's a huge carnival going on there around Nanyang CC, a fairground of sorts and a masa salam .. bleah err
pasa malam...

Lights, colours, mtion , scene.... great elements.

** I wonder where Kssim is....

Regards,

CJ

Originally posted by spilot
hi All, & greetings to seniors,

** I wonder where Kssim is....

Regards,

CJ

Yah... I'm around. I'll afraid that I can't join you tonight. Just came back from work. Besides, I'm not quite into shooting night scenes of the CC and stuffs like that in the area... Perhaps I might be come along the next time when you're shooting some other more 'interesting' buildings/places.. Yeap, great weather today so enjoy your shoot! :)

Rgds,
KS

Hi Kssim,

Glad to hear from you though you can't join me.

Sure thing about that... I'm a quite enclinced towards available light shooting.

Regards,

CJ

;) ;) ;)

Hi

I think the factories scenery in the west is pretty nice esp the factories near Gul and Benoi. Those intested can go there to take a few shots.

Hi All, & Greetings to seniors,

The shoot at Nanyang vicinity was rather interesting - got a couple shots of the CC and that high class church what's its name? Anyways, the carnival fair there yielded some pretty colourful and motion blur shots - I love the bump car rides.

Have also tested out the new fisheye I just picked up, wonderfully responsive at low light, sucks in everything standing at one spot. Throws the scene and whatever subject really out of skew and perspective. I love breaking rules once a while.

Composition? What composition? Just shoot away at what the eye sees - and analyze later. No flash? Handhold and blast off at 1/30 or 1/15 - and intentionaly jerk the cam in one or two directions. Paint the emulsion. Forget sharpness - smear is the word.

But hell, it was humid like you never knew humid.

Regards,

CJ

The shoot at Nanyang vicinity was rather interesting - got a couple shots of the CC and that high class church what's its name? Anyways, the carnival fair there yielded some pretty colourful and motion blur shots - I love the bump car rides.

CJ

Th church is City Harvest Church.

BTW, u can try the scenic grounds of NTU in the evening.... i study there and i got 3 rows of film spent on available light and night scene shooting of the scenic grounds... recommend u shoot from Nanyang House if u know where that is.... u can also try shooting the halls of residences (but no trespressing pls!), the Chinese Heritage Centre or the Yunnan Gardens.........

Hi,

Sounds like an interesting photo session that you have there. Have you got your films back? Perhaps you might want to post a pic or two here.. :)

Rgds,
KS

Have also tested out the new fisheye I just picked up, wonderfully responsive at low light, sucks in everything standing at one spot. Throws the scene and whatever subject really out of skew and perspective. I love breaking rules once a while.

Composition? What composition? Just shoot away at what the eye sees - and analyze later. No flash? Handhold and blast off at 1/30 or 1/15 - and intentionaly jerk the cam in one or two directions. Paint the emulsion. Forget sharpness - smear is the word.

But hell, it was humid like you never knew humid.

Regards,

CJ

hey dude..
i stay in jurong west..have a digicam myself..would like to join u for photo shoot..any time..so long is at nite..cuz have to work..

just pm me.

Originally posted by Linus
hey dude..
i stay in jurong west..have a digicam myself..would like to join u for photo shoot..any time..so long is at nite..cuz have to work..

just pm me.
Hey it abt time you do that!
hehehheehee

MIA for so long liao....

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Hey it abt time you do that!
hehehheehee

MIA for so long liao....

no one to go with me..me very sian.. :dunno:

then office got lots of projects to do..everyday come home damn shagged...

Status
Not open for further replies.