Any better software for editing jpeg file beside LR4?

niccon2

Jan 27, 2011
I have been shooting in raw for most time but thought of shooting with jpeg on more occasion in near future. I am currently using LR4 for raw & jpeg. I am wondering if there is a more better editor other than LR4 for jpeg editing?

why would u want to use another s/w when LR4 can do the job? isn't it a waste of money to buy another software just to edit jpg?

why would u want to use another s/w when LR4 can do the job? isn't it a waste of money to buy another software just to edit jpg?

i arent familiar with software thus wishes to know any better for jpeg which i may be missing out. If they are all about the same, i will stick to LR4

i arent familiar with software thus wishes to know any better for jpeg which i may be missing out. If they are all about the same, i will stick to LR4

with regards to non destructive edits on raw images(limited dynamic range for jpegs), ease of batch editing and a very capable management system built in, i think LR4 and Aperture are at the top of their game. If speed is what you need when going thru the filtering stages of the workflow, you can try photo mechanic

its not difficult, u just need some time spent to learn how to use it. Compared to photoshop, LR4 is so much simpler.

myself is total idiot when comes to photo editing, but now i know some basic how to use LR (me using LR3).

Stick with Lightroom, and if you shoot jpg, why still want to edit it? Just shoot all raw and keep it simlpe, else when you need raw files than notice you shot it in jpg only.

Stick with Lightroom, and if you shoot jpg, why still want to edit it? Just shoot all raw and keep it simlpe, else when you need raw files than notice you shot it in jpg only.

:embrass:, my skill still not up to mark so at times i try to perform some correction to my jpeg.

:embrass:, my skill still not up to mark so at times i try to perform some correction to my jpeg.
than the more you need to shoot it in RAW, after sometime, when you learn more about post process skills, you can go back and rework on the RAW again any time.

but for jpg, since the rice already cooked, then the most you can make some fired rice out of it.

than the more you need to shoot it in RAW, after sometime, when you learn more about post process skills, you can go back and rework on the RAW again any time.

but for jpg, since the rice already cooked, then the most you can make some fired rice out of it.

thanks on the advise. oh..i love fried rice :D