Any army photographer here, or anyone who's in pioneer magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratix

Oct 13, 2005
Wondering if there's anyone being posted to the above mentioned places or vocation..

If you are that someone, or know someone, please contact me via PM or could sms me at 93897076..

Need some help in getting a recommendation to get in there.. Thanks in advance! :)

Just be prepared for lots of burned weekends, holidays, odd hours recall. Congrats if u manage to get in. :bsmilie:

so can sign on as a photgrapher with pioneer?

good job if you can get it.

Anyone? In urgent need of help here..

Oh ya, forgot to add, i'm not some wimp looking for a good life like how some people posted in the other forums.

I'm currently in bmt and is put out of course and probably waiting to be posted out of this place.. :)

Just curious, have u tried directly contacting the pioneer editorial team?

Maybe your PC/OC could help you out with regards to this...

Oh ya, forgot to add, i'm not some wimp looking for a good life like how some people posted in the other forums.

I'm currently in bmt and is put out of course and probably waiting to be posted out of this place.. :)

i can tell you one thing, it's tough to get in direct from bmt, unless you been through APU.
I have friends who went interview with portfolios and stuff, many didnt make the cut. They usually prefer to hire "civilian signed on" staff / regular staff, with only the odd one or two nsf junior photographer.

Like Yat says, maybe try contacting directly?

ask the hq chief clerk of manpower branch for advice?

her number is 6546 0 *** :p

Wondering if there's anyone being posted to the above mentioned places or vocation..

If you are that someone, or know someone, please contact me via PM or could sms me at 93897076..

Need some help in getting a recommendation to get in there.. Thanks in advance! :)

So you are in NS serving BMT. Hope you enjoy your BMT...volunteer to become your unit Photographer and take photo for your PC, OC, CO, Pl Sgt, Pl Commander etc and get them to recommend. Else stay in an operation unit and become the unit photographer if you want to escape those training.

i think SAF hires external photographers for their events...

If you volunteer for ur base i think should be no problems :bsmilie:

OOC? i think dun bother. you look at which vocations other OOC people get posted to even with A lvls or Dip. you can roughly guess your fate too. OOC personnel have the least power in choosing their vocations. but then, if you have "connections", then all rules are void.

downgraded? if you are you might have a chance since nowadays there are alot of division/brigade/units with full-time photographers/videographers. im c2 and doing this for my unit and going to ord in feb. alternatively you can try film unit but you need film/video knowledge. good luck for your posting.

it's very very hard. they don't usually find those very professional ones anyway. i don't really know whats their criteria for those pioneers mags but i do shoot for my unit anyway. there's always good and bad parts.

being able to shoot COCs, battalion days and some other 'interesting' events. shot my PS's wedding also.

i think you have to be downgraded to be a photographer there. and recommendations? hahah good luck bro.

downgraded? if you are you might have a chance since nowadays there are alot of division/brigade/units with full-time photographers/videographers. im c2 and doing this for my unit and going to ord in feb. alternatively you can try film unit but you need film/video knowledge. good luck for your posting.

Do you have any more knowledge on the film/video unit?

1978-1980 Air Photo Unit, Photographer and colour lab technician first national servicemen posted to colour lab now machine doing the job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.