Any armour column during this year's NDP?

kriegsketten

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
I've seen all the nice images on the Reportage gallery section :thumbsup: but don't seem to detect any armour columns like the ones we saw last year. Sorry to say I haven't been any where near the rehearsal areas lately. Just wondering if there is any armour column on the roads or have they abandoned such treats this year?

Thanks!

The full scale Padang Mobile Column is only held once every five years though I saw a couple of HIMARS, Leo 2SGs, Terrexes and Trailblazers passing by at Marina Centre last Saturday

our equipment is too crappy it takes 5 years to get them to run for a month. :bsmilie:

our equipment is too crappy it takes 5 years to get them to run for a month. :bsmilie:

fuel expensive lah..

anyone knows where's the staging ground while they wait for their stage entrance?

The full scale Padang Mobile Column is only held once every five years though I saw a couple of HIMARS, Leo 2SGs, Terrexes and Trailblazers passing by at Marina Centre last Saturday

Thanks man. Will keep my eyes peeled this weekend. Last year was impressive. Caught a few Maxx-Pros running by - first time our Army has a full tan vehicle...

Hoping to catch a gimpse of them upclose once again.

Cheers!

Crappy? We have Leo2s bro... what the Dutch, Canadians & Danish were/are currently fielding fending off terrorists in A-stan! The Leo2s (even though old) are second to none! Heck, when Aussies got their M1A1 Abrams, they were making a lot of noise why they didn't get Leo2s since they had Leo1s! Crappy? Right... :bsmilie:

Btw, have you ever seen a Leopard 2 perform drifting? ;)

Last edited:
Crappy? We have Leo2s bro... what the Dutch, Canadians & Danish were/are currently fielding fending off terrorists in A-stan! The Leo2s (even though old) are second to none! Heck, when Aussies got their M1A1 Abrams, they were making a lot of noise why they didn't get Leo2s since they had Leo1s! Crappy? Right... :bsmilie:

Btw, have you ever seen a Leopard 2 perform drifting? ;)

Leopard 2 - Man! I wish I had the chance to operate a World Class tank when I was in NS.
In those days can only dream it will happen.
In fact, in those days Leopard1A2/M60/Centurion(Ben Gurion ver) also can :D
SM1 - wah! liew! Any man portable RPG or high velocity 25+mm canon will defeat it already :(

Leopard 2 - Man! I wish I had the chance to operate a World Class tank when I was in NS.
In those days can only dream it will happen.
In fact, in those days Leopard1A2/M60/Centurion(Ben Gurion ver) also can :D
SM1 - wah! liew! Any man portable RPG or high velocity 25+mm canon will defeat it already :(

SM1 or AMX-13 was never suited for tank versus tank battles. Not even tank destroyer roles... more like armoured recon at most. It was already rendered obsolete during the Suez Canal conflict!

Leopard 2 is the armour might of the European armies spanning:

1) Germany
2) Netherlands
3) Denmark
4) Switzerland
5) Finland
6) Norway
7) Sweden
8) Poland
9) Greece
10) Turkey
11) Spain
(I may have forgotten one or two more names)

Non European:
12) Canadian
13) Chile
14) Singapore

Centurion/Leopard 1/M60 only carry 105mm rounds.... Leo 2 packs a mighty and lethal 120mm! :sweat:

Last edited:
Impressive they (tanks) may look but they are no longer the impenetrable fortress in modern day warfare.
With the advancement in AT mines, choppers like Apache and fighter jets, people in the armour force knows that sometimes it's actually no better than just a moving coffin.

Moreover, its operation is not practical in terrains with mountains and thick forestry.
But still, it is awe-strucking, watching formations of tank column in motion.

Last edited:
i miss my AMX-13 SM-1 alot. =( it may well be regarded as a "metal coffin" but it takes alot out of the commander to operate and coordinate the crew. admittedly, it would lose in a 1 - 1 tank battle, but it's main purpose is to support and cover AI troop advancement and i think it gets the job done, you should see one live-fire. of course the leopard is far superior in many aspects as a tank hunter, but you know, there's just that something special in the SM-1, i would go as far as saying there's a soul in everyone of the SM-1s.

i know some will think i'm ridiculous, but the one i was assigned with and the other 3 under my charge when i was active 3-4 years back each had their own temperament and quirks. it's just hard to describe it in words. :heart: 54329.

Last edited:
The Leo 2A4 is not a replacement for the AMX-13 SM1 as contrary to what was said by MINDEF. The AMX-13 SM1s are deployed in support of AI battalions, there used to be another AFV that is responsible for engaging MBTs and this is what the Leo 2A4 is replacing.

Won't go into details due to OPSEC.

Last edited: