Any architecture or heritage lovers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
me me me !

CollyerQuay3c.jpg

i will share how coller quay look like in the 30"s

picture is not taken by me,but given to me by a nice old customer of mine.

u can try asking azure. he very into heritage. go search on him lo

redstone said:
Like to shoot buildings or heritage places? :D

One of my favourite in Singapore must be 82 Grange Road, The Colonnade. Designed by New York architect Paul Rudolph, most apartments have 9 metres high ceilings and large balconies that frame panoramic views of Singapore. Set amidst four acres of landscaped gardens with a recently upgraded pool deck commisioned by Kerry Hill Architects to further enhance the luxurious atmosphere.
423_the_colonnade.jpg

Count me in if there's a shoot on it. ;)

I love old buildings too!

I like shop houses and old buildings. Organise a shophouse photoshot and I'll join.

bugis_02.jpg

I've shot tons of shophouses. My biggest project was capturing every single different shophouse design at Far East, Capital and China Squares.

But the 'shophouses' at Bugis Junction are not real. They are replicas.

I was shocked to learn that some shophouses in Little India are not conserved! :eek:

mksh.jpg

^This is at MacKenzie Road, there's a row of dilapidated shophouses at the alley behind the row fronting MacKenzie! :eek:

me me me! would love to capture some images to let my son view when he grows up...till then i wonder how much heritage will be left in signapore

The listing of conservation of Singapore's Built Heritage can be found here. Though the maps are not large enough to see each individual building, you get the general idea where URA has designated the areas/buildings for conservation. :)

I think we can agree that we shoot for a sense of posterity.I would definitely love my future kids to have a great picture collection of how Singapore was before their time..

Lots of places are disappearing by the day..:cry:

You were in Sri Lanka? ;) Lots of Bawa's residential projects there, and some are very nice, though not easy to shoot as they're private properties. His house/office has been turned into a fine-dining restaurant though. But his architectural style is still quite amazing, considering the low-quality workmanship of the local labour.

Status
Not open for further replies.