Any archery enthusiasts in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
me & me non-photographic other half thinking of taking up a hobby, and i thought of archery. anyone here who shoots arrows for leisure? i'm done some research online and there seems to be 2 courses available... 1 for NUS Archery Club and 1 for the Archery Club of Singapore. any1 belong to these clubs? i'm keen to find out more...

thanks in advance! :D

alternatively, any members of a firearms organization like the Singapore Rifle Association around? i've always wanted to take up skeet shooting...

Hmm posted to tis thread early but my post didn't come out..

anyway, just for your infor there's another place to try out archery if you're intersted....
ever since the one at marina ( Universal Archery ) closed..

It's called DM Archery and is located at the 5th lvl of Bukit Merah SAFRA...

The place is run by 2 brothers : Daniel and David Mok
Tel : 63464788

The opening hr daily are from 1.30pm till late..
can give them a call before you go down to check if they're open..
it's a friendly little shop...

best thing about that place is that it's indoor.. so you don't have to sweat when trying archery out :)
hehe..

Well hope you enjoy the sport :)
can email me if you've got enquiries : justins@cyberway.com.sg

Regards,

Justin Toh

There are courses run by CCs in Singapore, e.g. Potong Pasir CC etc that offer u a chance to learn archery at affordable rates.

see link..
Archery in Singapore

let me know when u are going..me looking for a shooting khaki too...:D

regards,

argent2

hi there,

hmm.. i'm not too sure..
but i think i'll be shooting for the end dec out door double 70...
hmm.. maybe just go on the actual day..
cos might not have time to train...

regards

Justin

Originally posted by Larry
me & me non-photographic other half thinking of taking up a hobby, and i thought of archery. anyone here who shoots arrows for leisure? i'm done some research online and there seems to be 2 courses available... 1 for NUS Archery Club and 1 for the Archery Club of Singapore. any1 belong to these clubs? i'm keen to find out more...

thanks in advance! :D

alternatively, any members of a firearms organization like the Singapore Rifle Association around? i've always wanted to take up skeet shooting...

both your choice of hobbies is going to cost u a lot.
which part of singapore are u staying?

Originally posted by Shadus
both your choice of hobbies is going to cost u a lot.
which part of singapore are u staying?
yeah i know... but at least i can start archery without buying gear first...

me northerner... staying AMK. :D

oh thanks for the comments every1... all inputs welcome.

u interested in which type of archery? recurve or compound?
if compound, me maybe interested to pick up as a hobby too. We can do it together?

u interested in which type of archery? recurve or compound?
if compound, me maybe interested to pick up as a hobby too. We can do it together?
erm, i'm not sure actually... compound seems a little overkill since i'm just starting/learning. still haven't decided. i'll probably start with recurve (that's the beginner bow rite?) and then move on to compound.

shadus, sure can start together... the more the merrier. but you beginner or like intermediate/advanced? later i paiseh leh... :D

erm, i'm not sure actually... compound seems a little overkill since i'm just starting/learning. still haven't decided. i'll probably start with recurve (that's the beginner bow rite?) and then move on to compound.

shadus, sure can start together... the more the merrier. but you beginner or like intermediate/advanced? later i paiseh leh... :D

Not really. Beginners can start with compound too.
Me shot recurve long ago before. Then due to reasons, i stopped. Now still got interest in archery as a hobby. but greatly prefer indoor shootings :p

start wif recurve oso good as i'm not sure if the indoor range is build for compounds or not.

shadus, any suggestions on a good place to learn/start? trying to avoid the NUS club or Archery club of singapore, as they're all super inconvenient for me...

Originally posted by StreetShooter
It's more fun if you make your own bow and arrows....

we're toking about sports archery... soo...can't make own bow & arrows. Though we can at least still fletch our own arrows (somewhat lar) :D

shadus, any suggestions on a good place to learn/start? trying to avoid the NUS club or Archery club of singapore, as they're all super inconvenient for me...

Me lost touch oso...dunno where leh. let's find out and compare notes? Me greatly prefer indoor :p

btw, if u really want to take up this hobby, still hv to buy some 'starters' equipment. Arm Guard, Finger tab, and if u're lady, might want to consider a chest guard too.

Kebun Baru Community Club in AMK has a very active archery club. They have practices every Saturday & Sunday at Kebun Baru Primary School.

The person to look for is Yee Wee, he's the Archery Secretary in the Youth Executive Committee.

The club is very active in competitions around the island and even overseas... they have beginners to experts, recurve to compound bows...

Me lost touch oso...dunno where leh. let's find out and compare notes? Me greatly prefer indoor :p

btw, if u really want to take up this hobby, still hv to buy some 'starters' equipment. Arm Guard, Finger tab, and if u're lady, might want to consider a chest guard too.
yah yah.....
indoor guy!

Scare sun scare until like that!!!!
:p

which part of island you stay, shadus? that will prolly determine the location somewhat... but there aren't many indoor ranges rite?

Originally posted by willyfoo
Kebun Baru Community Club in AMK has a very active archery club. They have practices every Saturday & Sunday at Kebun Baru Primary School.
wah perfect! so near my place some more... thanks willy!

Originally posted by willyfoo

perfect! thanks!!!

I'm in! Count me in. Did some many years ago when in the UK, but gues arms will ache like hell now and may not be able to hold a camera for a week. MC?

Status
Not open for further replies.