Any altrenative

luohan

Jan 8, 2007
Hi all senior

Currently been using Cannon software for pp. Need to upgrade/ Know there is photoshop software to pp but the software is expensive.....

Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Dude. Your question gets asked so often we even have a STICKY right here in this section called "Sticky: freewares for amateur photographers". Please, next time, do yourself a favor and READ or even SEARCH before posting.

Diluted

Jun 6, 2010
Singapore (West)
hmmm.. why are you not open to free softwares???

GIMP does most of what photoshop can do.. but of course with the right plugins..

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
Any good & cheap software recommendation other than photoshop ? pls dont ask me to down load free software or buy pirated....Thanks
IMO Photoshop is in a class of its own where full fledge editing is required. Have you considered Lightroom 3 for organizing and doing simple adjustments of photos. It is relatively affordable at US$299.

Of course there are other commercial software. Have a look at this link

luohan

Jan 8, 2007
hi all senior

thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.:thumbsd:

I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me:sticktong

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

I had used free software before though not photo processing. IT ALWAYS IN THE END ON TRIAL PERIOD. Once bitten twice shy. Hence, fedup with all free softwares.:thumbsd:
There is a difference between freeware and trial version of commercial software. Those listed in the freeware sticky is completely free and does not have a trial period.

I am still using 512kbps at my home. No problem downloading these installers.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
hi all senior

thanks for your input. it is not that i did not read the sticky. As mentioned in my post, i do not want to download free software as my pc is share with my sibling and i am running in 2mbs mobile internet too slow to download anything.

I appreicate all constructive replies but pls dont assume tt I did not do my homework before posting as you do not know me:sticktong
The recommended free software does NOT just run on a trial period. GIMP is a good example. As for your download constraints, find a place with wi-fi or something. Software is not getting smaller.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
those softwares come with trial version are on commercial licence, they are not classified as freeware.
some members spends a lot of efforts doing research on certain topics, compiling what they know and make them into sticky thread, sharing their knowledge with others selflessly.

yes, I think you didn't read the sticky properly, please show a little respects to them by reading the sticky threads carefully.

NikF601

Jul 26, 2010
CCK
hi all senior

You may want to consider to save $$$ for a PC + lightroom for your PP.

May 5, 2005
Hougang Ave. 7
Sitex is coming this week. You can get a nice and cheap desktop or laptop.:angel:
Are you still studying ? You can get Student version of Photoshop :angel:

detritus

Sep 12, 2009
shootingbugs.blogspot.com
Hi all senior

Currently been using Cannon software for pp. Need to upgrade/ Know there is photoshop software to pp but the software is expensive.....

what's your budget? photoshop CS5 student edition is $119 only. that's as cheap as u can get for quality image editing software.

anything less than that, i think u'll probably end up wasting money - better to just carry on using the bundled software or even picasa or gimp, which is totally free.

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
I suggest you try the software mentioned in the sticky. The are freeware. No limited trial period.

I use freeware only for all my PP and its good enough. No need for pirated stuff.

Management, browsing, simple editing - PICASA
Advanced PP - Paint.net with plug-ins

In fact paint.net loads up and runs quite a bit of stuff faster than PS.

Top Bottom