Any alternative to Crumplers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qhelix

i've been thinking of getting a crumpler messenger bag for quite sometime, but they're seriously expensive. i'm just wondering if you guys know of an alternative company that also makes decent looking messenger bags at a cheaper price? best if you can give me the brand name, cos i'm studying in melbourne.

Crumpler is probably a good bet. The material is supposed to be a better material to withstand wear and tear. Hence, the higher price. I reckon a similar design would be the pirated ones! :D Well, I think the Crumpler boutique is near St Kilda's beach if I didn't get it wrong. You can always browse first before getting one.

Cheers,
Danny Ng

improvise on any old bag will do

no need to spend the un-necessary$

Originally posted by dannynys
Crumpler is probably a good bet. The material is supposed to be a better material to withstand wear and tear. Hence, the higher price. I reckon a similar design would be the pirated ones! :D Well, I think the Crumpler boutique is near St Kilda's beach if I didn't get it wrong. You can always browse first before getting one.

Cheers,
Danny Ng
Thanks. I just went to check out a Crumpler outlet along little bourke...think I already know more or less what I'd like to get.

Originally posted by qhelix
Thanks. I just went to check out a Crumpler outlet along little bourke...think I already know more or less what I'd like to get.

May I know where is these St Kilda's beach and Little Bourke that you guys are talking about?

R they in Singapore?

Originally posted by morganoh
May I know where is these St Kilda's beach and Little Bourke that you guys are talking about?

R they in Singapore?
cos i'm studying in melbourne.

:rolleyes:

R they in Singapore?
These are places in Melbourne.

i've been thinking of getting a crumpler messenger bag for quite sometime, but they're seriously expensive. i'm just wondering if you guys know of an alternative company that also makes decent looking messenger bags at a cheaper price? best if you can give me the brand name, cos i'm studying in melbourne.

Crumpler bags are good and durable. Well if you want to get 3rd party or pirated versions, I think it's easier to find in Asia (like Singapore) than in Australia... Been to Australia a few times, they all sell authentic real stuff...

I suggest you get the Crumpler from there. Australia has more models available than in Singapore.

Originally posted by chyeo
Crumpler bags are good and durable. Well if you want to get 3rd party or pirated versions, I think it's easier to find in Asia (like Singapore) than in Australia... Been to Australia a few times, they all sell authentic real stuff...

I suggest you get the Crumpler from there. Australia has more models available than in Singapore.
Now i'm kinda set on getting the Roll o Paper crumpler bag...although it's close to $200...

Now i'm kinda set on getting the Roll o Paper crumpler bag...although it's close to $200...

Is Roll o Paper available in Singapore? Hehe you shld get some model Singapore don't have one... then can come back and hao lian...haha

How much they sell the Seedy 3 there?

The Crumplers at Melbourne are more expensive than those sold at CP in Singapore. I know coz I bought my Home Stayer there for A$155, when it was being sold here for about $70!
I would recommend that you get a Lowepro or a Domke instead. Lowepro bags are good value for money, while Domkes are durable and don't look like camera bags. The cheapest, and most inconspicuous way, is to get a three-sided box-like foam insert ( Domke has a few sizes and shapes, check with CP) and glue or sew your own velcro to the inside of your backback.
Above all, if you must get a new bag, find one which you'll be comfortable carrying around for several hours or one whole day.

Originally posted by rubric
The Crumplers at Melbourne are more expensive than those sold at CP in Singapore. I know coz I bought my Home Stayer there for A$155, when it was being sold here for about $70!
I would recommend that you get a Lowepro or a Domke instead. Lowepro bags are good value for money, while Domkes are durable and don't look like camera bags. The cheapest, and most inconspicuous way, is to get a three-sided box-like foam insert ( Domke has a few sizes and shapes, check with CP) and glue or sew your own velcro to the inside of your backback.
but the bag i'm thinking of getting is for laptops and everyday use, not just a camera bag.

but the bag i'm thinking of getting is for laptops and everyday use, not just a camera bag.

Yah I thought so too... more feasible to get a messenger bag and buy the Bunion insert... so that you can kill 2 birds with 1 bag...

any idea how much is the wonder weenie in singapore? in melbourne it's $135...

Get an equote from Cathay...but mention that you are in Singapore hor... else more ex...

ok, requested for an equote liao...now i'll just wait to see what's the price like. if it's not that much different in price, i'll probably just get it from melbourne. aiming to get one by the end of next week.

Cathay no selling anymore wonder weenie.

77th street another shop, selling at $149.

Shops in Perth are selling wonder weenie at $108 and wonder weenie with Bunion at $155

Cathay no selling anymore wonder weenie.

77th street another shop, selling at $149.

Shops in Perth are selling wonder weenie at $108 and wonder weenie with Bunion at $155
Huh? Like that then might as well buy in Melbourne...how much is this bunion thing?

How about the old models? The new ones with the Chickentex material aren't as nice as the Dupont ones IMHO. Anyone know if they're still on sale cheap anywhere in the world?

The other messanger bag I've heard of is Timbuk2, but you can guess that they aren't exactly cheap as well..

Originally posted by YSLee
How about the old models? The new ones with the Chickentex material aren't as nice as the Dupont ones IMHO. Anyone know if they're still on sale cheap anywhere in the world?

The other messanger bag I've heard of is Timbuk2, but you can guess that they aren't exactly cheap as well..

Timbuk2 is selling for around $150 (size same as seedy three)

at 77th street Far East branch only

Status
Not open for further replies.