Any advise for LZ2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmok

Apr 28, 2005
Hi

Was reading thru the forum and found many threads about the FZ5 and 20.

I'm not a keen digital cam users like you guys, so i figured i probably dont really need all the manual controls the FZ20 has. The FZ5 seems a little big.

I found the LZ2, which happens to be rather compact yet with a 6x optical zoom, while the FX7/8 has only 3x. So i thought you lumix users has any advise?

I just need a point and shoot kind of camera, compact. The sepcs for LZ2 seems to fit, with the 6x zoom, its a plus!

Would really appreciate if anyone cn give some insights to the LZ2.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Felixcat

Thanks! Yap, other than the 6x optical zoom, the use of normal AA batteries was another factor that i kind of liked.

Any one has any idea about the use of the cam? Or the picture quality?

Reviews that i have read seems to more or less point to this cam as capable of good pictures, but would like to hear from people with experience with this cam, just to get a better feel.

Thanks!!!!

one of my friend's interested in this cam too but he pointed out that it is not using Leica lens...to some, it is no biggie...but when checking on dcresource, i realised that it still has the Leica mark, just that the lens itself is not branded.
seems a bit confusing to include the Leica brand at the corner but the lens provided is not manufactured to Leica's specs??

anyone has any insight into this? Keith...you there...?

found out from dpreview on this...

Quote:
The 37-222mm equiv. lens doesn't sport the Leica name (unlike the higher-end Lumix cameras), but it's got two aspherical lenses (and 3 aspherical surfaces) and - at 6x optical - has a much longer range than most compact cameras (and any camera in this price range). It's F2.8-4.5, which is a little slow at the long end, but the only way to keep the size down. "

guess i answered my own query....but is there a reason why the Leica logo at the corner?

Hi

I'm just a normal user taking shots of family and stuffs, not entirely those enthusiats who takes as a hobby, so i think i cant really spot the difference once the photos are printed on 4R photos i guess.

According to reviews, it mentioned although its not the leica lens, it does its job close to matching the leica lens. Are u refereing to the L logo near the bottom? I thought that was the Lumix logo??

Anyway, the various reviews gave mixed results. Some say it produce good results while other mentioned not so sharp or natural colours produced.

Looks like not many of the Lumix users here use other line of panasonic cameras other then the higher end FZ5/10/20 cams.

I would have gotten the FX7 if not for the fact that the optical zoom is only 3x and it cant use AA batteries. So torn between, and i cant get actual photos to look at....

Thanks anyway!

Yes, it is the Leica mark. The Lens does state DC-Vario, a Leica marking...

It is a good buy too. Planning to surprise my wife with it for her birthday.

Cheers.....

Need not be Leica though. The other Panasonic cameras using Leica lens has the word "Leica" prominently displayed on the front of the lens but not on the LZ2.

Believe the "L" at the bottom right stands for Lumix, rather than Leica.

mpenza said:

that could be possible...though the L on the panasonic looks alot like the letter "L" used on Leica's own line of cams...:dunno:

mpenza said:
Need not be Leica though. The other Panasonic cameras using Leica lens has the word "Leica" prominently displayed on the front of the lens but not on the LZ2.

Hahaha. I think so too.

any idea how to go about getting e-quote. Do I use my email, or I have to request for quote using SNAP or hardwarezone account

Also, in the review of DPREVIEW, there is mention of no AF assist lamp for both LZ2 and FZ5. Is the picture taken at home in the night using the normal light bad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.