Any advice for Scotland?

tonychua

Jan 9, 2005
Still seeking a partner to drive from London to Scotland. I have 12 days to spend (Mid Sep to end Sep). Any suggestions for place of interest? I am not the city type. Thank

Still seeking a partner to drive from London to Scotland. I have 12 days to spend (Mid Sep to end Sep). Any suggestions for place of interest? I am not the city type. Thank

Go to the western Isles of Scotland. Very beautiful landscapes!!

Thank BrownBoots. Would you suggest flying to Glasgow and start driving from there? Any particular places?

That could be an option but 2 issues arise:

1. Not all car rental companies allow their car to be taken off mainland, you got to check first.
2. You'll need to book car ferries for your rental car in advance to get to the Isles. The few limited slots are usually taken up quite early by locals.

Alternatively, you can take the scenic train ride up to the Highlands and rent the car on the western isles instead.

Isle of Lewis/Harris, Isle of Skye are good.

Last edited:
enjoy the scottish accent!

isle of skye is quite nice..
edinburgh for architecture/castles.

Got 10 to 12 days to spend in Scotland. 29th Sep got to be back to London then to SouthWest England for another 8 days.

Got 10 to 12 days to spend in Scotland. 29th Sep got to be back to London then to SouthWest England for another 8 days.

Nice! If you got more $$ to burn and loves birding, can consider go further north to Shetland.

BrownBoots .... I am seeking a partner to share the cost. Love birding and that mean i have to bring a long lens.

BrownBoots .... I am seeking a partner to share the cost. Love birding and that mean i have to bring a long lens.

Sorry bro, I would love to visit Scotland again but I'm out of budget after my recent 3.5mth trip to Europe.

Good luck in finding a partner to go with you.