Any advice for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice_user

Aug 17, 2004
Hi guys,
i am going to perth in mid dec. (5 days marriage leave... have to use it)

would love to hear any advice regarding the place there... i know its summer there in dec and is very hot!

would it be dumb for me to bring the 'marriage costumes' to get some shots there since its so hot?
my bro-in-law who is not pro will be shooting for us(my wife and me)

thanks in advance for any kind advices...

:)

I oso going!!!!!! but is end Dec!
Actually the weather is sunny but cooling! :)

Sunny and cooling sounds like good deal to me!
but wat abt mid dec?

nice_user said:
Sunny and cooling sounds like good deal to me!
but wat abt mid dec?

Sunny and cooling?

ok sunny BUT cooling (typo) :)

wah ur gettin married! congrats :D hope ur enjoying the crumpler. ;p

it will be HOT. in Jan it can go to 40 deg celcius. dec shd be 30-35 degrees. BUT, it is not humid. humidity around 50-60% only so its not that bad. it will be windy and nice :)

Thanks Isaiah,
the bag is definitely 10/10 condition.. :)

in fact im married (ROM already)

oh nice to know that at least its windy... im rather worried tat the 'costumes' might kill me in tat kind of hot weather!

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
wah ur gettin married! congrats :D hope ur enjoying the crumpler. ;p

it will be HOT. in Jan it can go to 40 deg celcius. dec shd be 30-35 degrees. BUT, it is not humid. humidity around 50-60% only so its not that bad. it will be windy and nice :)

nice_user said:
Thanks Isaiah,
the bag is definitely 10/10 condition.. :)

in fact im married (ROM already)

oh nice to know that at least its windy... im rather worried tat the 'costumes' might kill me in tat kind of hot weather!

I went last year, early december. Rather warm, but as the others have said, not as humid as Singapore, so u won't perspire as much.

However, the thing, or rather things, that irritated me are the flies. They are big, persistent and very, very irritating ... I guess if ur wife puts on her veil, it'll help ward off the flies :bsmilie:

Perth should be very nice to visit, and for photo taking.

Think you can try Kings Park. Its right in the city. You should get clear blue sky and nice green background there.

Any if you like the beaches, there are plenty there!

Hope this helps!

I'm sure there are WA lurkers on CS who can help with more suggestions!

Cheers

Oh yeah...

And don't forget to take shots of the beautiful sunsets you get in WA.

The sun sets into the ocean, so you can get very, very beautiful sunsets!! And if it is hot, what better way to end the day!

Thanks Madman...
but pardon me.. wats WA? place or wide angle?

Have have, the best advice - Bring me along :bsmilie:

Congrats.. enjoy your 'pre'-honeymoon :)

My advice: Congrats, enjoy urself and plz bring me along for all-expense paid holiday as ur backup photographer plz. :D

wow din know u wan to be traffic light!!!!!! :)

espn said:
Have have, the best advice - Bring me along :bsmilie:

Congrats.. enjoy your 'pre'-honeymoon :)

nice_user said:
wow din know u wan to be traffic light!!!!!! :)
Don't worry, after landing I'll take a different route and meet them at the airport when coming back, I not that 'buay zi dong' one :bsmilie:

I would head down to Margaret River - the coastline is beautiful and the sea breezes will keep you cool! (Mind you, you'd have trouble dragging me out of the wineries!)

get a car, a camera, your wife and 20gb of storage. head down to fremantle first. raid ian if u run out of lenses.. =p

Congrats!

IMHO, Perth itself is not that interesting. I would spend more time down in the Margaret Rvier region.

They have lots of vineyards that have beautiful gardens which should be in full bloom now i think. I feel that Voyager & Leeuwin vineyards have great gardens worth checking out beside their wine.

The sun is very bright downunder but that makes the colors there very vibrant.

The coastline is also very beautiful. But the wind is very strong and you will have to be mindful about sea-spray and sand damage to the camera.

Otherwise, just go explore and have a great time.

;)

wow so many words of widsom!

cant wait man....

now sourcing for a portable harddisk device...
decided on creative zen vision..but seems like alot of ppl dislike it....

also looking for some GND to block the strong sun in perth!

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.