Any A6500 Lens Recommendations?

gwend-n

Mar 7, 2009
Singapore
Hi everyone!

I just recently got myself an A6500.

Am pretty new to all the cams and all as the last DSLR I got was a Sony Alpha but that was in.. 2007 maybe? Haha.

Bought a 16-50mm lens with it for a starter, and have taken it out on a shoot/done vlogging for my channel recently (I do food videos as my job btw, but am looking into diversifying and also not using my boss's equipment hahaha).. felt kinda limited by the lens and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for lenses?

Am a newbie so it would be awesome if anyone can recommend me equipment as well for videography! I've only got myself a Gorillapod so far hahaha. Any mic recommendations would help as well!

Thank you!

Hi, Actually 16-50mm is suitable for photos as well as videography so I don't understand what you mean by being limited by it.. would be more helpful if you know what you want to do with your camera.Do realise you have a crop sensor meaning it has a 1.5X magnification ratio with any focal length of the lenses.It's not good to recommend lenses unless you know the specific need as photography is an expensive hobby.With regards to video it would be helpful if you read online and watch tutorials on youtube plus equipment recommendarions.I would caution into buying impulsively as much research is needed to come to a decision that benefits you.

Your main task is to learn the technicalities of photography ,namely the use of your camera, basics of photography.Although you can shoot on full auto you still need to know why the camera chooses a certain setting and most of all the most valuable skill is knowing how to deal with lighting.Please pm me for more in-depth discussion.

Hi everyone!

Am pretty new to all the cams and all as the last DSLR I got was a Sony Alpha but that was in.. 2007 maybe? Haha.

Bought a 16-50mm lens with it for a starter, and have taken it out on a shoot/done vlogging for my channel recently (I do food videos as my job btw, but am looking into diversifying and also not using my boss's equipment hahaha).. felt kinda limited by the lens and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for lenses?

Am a newbie so it would be awesome if anyone can recommend me equipment as well for videography! I've only got myself a Gorillapod so far hahaha. Any mic recommendations would help as well!

Thank you!

Food Vlogging? you might want to consider some table-top tripods like the Manfrotto pixies, and some lighting equipment in the way of LED panels.

if you're on a budget, drop by SLRR at Excelsior hotel.

for lenses, you might want to consider a macro lens like the SEL50M28 or SEL35M35 macro lenses for close-ups, and for versatility the SEL18105G would be a better choice for video.

for microphones, it depends on what you're looking for. if you want audio directly into your footage, you can consider the Sony ECM-GZ1M microphone. pretty versatile in my opinion. they also have lapel wireless mics (ECM-W1M)

you probably would need a gimbal so no one gets dizzy with shaky footages but that's gonna require some arm muscle as well...

Hi everyone!

Thank you!

This is a good starter combo.
Felt kinda limited by the lens can means alot of things like cannot go to close or dof is too narrow. Different lens can do wanders but it can also make a hole in your wallet.

Tell us what limitation by the lens means to you.

Hi everyone!

Thank you!

try the sel 18-135 for more reach