Any 3rd party lens that close to Canon 16-35mm f2.8L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlimyk

Jul 14, 2008
Hi,
I have 450D and kit lens. I'm looking for a 3rd party wide angle lens that comes close to Canon 16-35mm f2.8L in terms of pic quality and focusing speed. Canon L lens is too expensive for me. I plan to shoot my friend's wedding indoor and outdoor.

Can anybody recommend one or more for me?

from all reviews i read, tammy 17-58 f2.8 iq is very good, down side is the af speed.

else, get either 17-35 f2.8 L or 17-40 f4 L.

Bro... Tamron 17-50 lah..

Tammy 17-50f2.8 is good. Only bad points is that it zooms the opp way of Canon, loud AF sound and is EFs only. Best bang for buck IMHO.

the best 3rd party lens thats close is tamron's 17-35 f2-8-4.

af slow but accurate, sharp n contrasty.

Around $600.

Agree wif Zac. Tamron 17-50mm sharp, fast, cheap. $600 before gst.
only thing is the outer focus ring moves when it autofocus, so careful not to touch it... Other than that, this is one lens that will force Canon to wake up and lower its 16-35LJ lens: too overpriced for almost similar quality. HEY CANON, Yen already WEAKEN alot these 2 days, how about some cheaper lenses to go wif the lower yen??

Hi,
I have 450D and kit lens. I'm looking for a 3rd party wide angle lens that comes close to Canon 16-35mm f2.8L in terms of pic quality and focusing speed. Canon L lens is too expensive for me. I plan to shoot my friend's wedding indoor and outdoor.

Can anybody recommend one or more for me?

get the canon 17-55/2.8 IS EFs.... it's one of the best non-L around.

Agree wif Zac. Tamron 17-50mm sharp, fast, cheap. $600 before gst.
only thing is the outer focus ring moves when it autofocus, so careful not to touch it... Other than that, this is one lens that will force Canon to wake up and lower its 16-35LJ lens: too overpriced for almost similar quality. HEY CANON, Yen already WEAKEN alot these 2 days, how about some cheaper lenses to go wif the lower yen??
u should compare the tammy with EFs 17-55/2.8 since they are for cropped sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.