Any 3D camera rental

khhome06

Oct 5, 2007
Hi, I'm looking for a basic 3d camera to take some 3d photo for a friend during her wedding this Sat. Anyone know where can i find? She don't intend to buy as she already hired a photographer, we just want some fun shoot, thanks

almost all Sony point and shoot and some DSLR/DSLT have. Check if anyone of your friends has one to lend you.

almost all Sony point and shoot and some DSLR/DSLT have. Check if anyone of your friends has one to lend you.

Oh thanks, i didn't know sony pns have 3d, i thought only fujifilm w3 has.
Can recommed any DSLR that have 3d capability?

What we want to take some fun 3d photos, make it into a reels for guests during wedding dinner

Oh thanks, i didn't know sony pns have 3d, i thought only fujifilm w3 has.
Can recommed any DSLR that have 3d capability?

What we want to take some fun 3d photos, make it into a reels for guests during wedding dinner

You do realize you will need quite a few 3d capable screens (since the 3d effect is only effective within certain ranges) and everyone will need 3d glasses, right? You would need a lot of TVs all over the place.

I think you're going to waste a lot of money, effort, time and stress on a gimmick.

like what Rashkae said.

and don't talk about those green/red glasses. it's a totally different capture/output of 3D than what today's 3D cameras can offer.

You do realize you will need quite a few 3d capable screens (since the 3d effect is only effective within certain ranges) and everyone will need 3d glasses, right? You would need a lot of TVs all over the place.

I think you're going to waste a lot of money, effort, time and stress on a gimmick.

Oh no... it's not for showing on the actual wedding. It'll will taken on the actual day that's right and we'll proccess those photos in in a reel and my friend will after that sends to all her family/friends who attends the dinner. Personally, i think it's a cool idea, a memorable gift set also.

Last edited:
Oh no... it's not for showing on the actual wedding. It'll will taken on the actual day that's right and we'll proccess those photos in in a reel and my friend will after that sends to all her family/friends who attends the dinner. Personally, i think it's a cool idea, a memorable gift set also.

the recipients, like what Rashkae said... will all require their own 3D TV/3D PC monitor (only via HDMI output from the CPU)/3D Capable Laptop. even if they have a 3D capable blu-ray player, they need a 3D-capable TV. so if the bride wants her friends to enjoy 3D images, be prepared to disappoint many people who do not have such appliances at home.

the recipients, like what Rashkae said... will all require their own 3D TV/3D PC monitor (only via HDMI output from the CPU)/3D Capable Laptop. even if they have a 3D capable blu-ray player, they need a 3D-capable TV. so if the bride wants her friends to enjoy 3D images, be prepared to disappoint many people who do not have such appliances at home.

Remember 3D camera also needs 3D tripods and 3D lenses. :)

Yes, memorable for the useless frustration it will cause for those who don't have the playback equipment, followed by a memorable trip down the rubbish chute.

Yes, memorable for the useless frustration it will cause for those who don't have the playback equipment, followed by a memorable trip down the rubbish chute.

No, as I said before, it'll be make into a reel and the prospose gift set come together with a viewer. I think some of you think of it too technical, we're not going into making avatar, just some basic simple surprise. There's no need for a playback equipment or 3d laptop

It's less than 10 buck per set together with cost of proccessing the reel, therefore making it affordable with a nice gift box. Everyone will have a viewer inside the box with an inprint and a reel.

No, as I said before, it'll be make into a reel and the prospose gift set come together with a viewer. I think some of you think of it too technical, we're not going into making avatar, just some basic simple surprise. There's no need for a playback equipment or 3d laptop

It's less than 10 buck per set together with cost of proccessing the reel, therefore making it affordable with a nice gift box. Everyone will have a viewer inside the box with an inprint and a reel.

then you should be clear on your intent. everyone else here thought otherwise.

what exactly is this viewer? do you have links? without such information, how do you expect anyone to give you any suggestions?

what exactly is this viewer? do you have links? without such information, how do you expect anyone to give you any suggestions?

Viwer is already settle, maybe just leave it aside, focus just on the 3d camera.
Rashkamde point out in the second post that some sony pns and dsrl model have?

Nevermind, thanks anyway. My friends has decide not to rent, she'll purchase a new fujifilm w3 instead which make this thread more or less redundant, kindly close it, thanks.

For those interested, i'll post a picture of the gift set at the end of my friend wedding if she allow

Viwer is already settle, maybe just leave it aside, focus just on the 3d camera.
Rashkamde point out in the second post that some sony pns and dsrl model have?

i'd like to point out...

every manufacturer has a different way of portraying 3D. if you don't want to screw yourself over, get it verified if it can work with the W3's images.

Nevermind, thanks anyway. My friends has decide not to rent, she'll purchase a new fujifilm w3 instead which make this thread more or less redundant, kindly close it, thanks.

You can close it yourself. It's in the thread tools at the top.

Remember to try out that Fuji camera before the actual day.
Last time I tested at the shop (not sure which Fuji model), the speed was slow. The left and right images were not captured at the same time, there was a small time lag enough for moving items to change positions.
I took a sample images and all the moving person become ghost, some have 2 heads looking into different directions.
For Sony, I only saw their 3D camcorder at Wisma.
I don't think that there is any 3D DSLR at the moment for consumer. (unless you buy 2 DSLR, sync them, put on same bracket, 8 cm apart)