Anxiously Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

elutris

Mar 15, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.elutris.net
136-3623_IMG%20copy.jpg

...:: Another day has passed. Will she call? ::...

I can't see even a tinge of anxiousness at all

Originally posted by zha
Pehaps a b&w one will add more character to the feeling of 'waiting'.....? :dunno:

Actually my aim was to use the colour of the sunset to signify that another day has passed and yet there is no call.

Here is another photo but in b/w. If you asked me, I'd still prefer the coloured one.

136-3623_IMG%20copy_bw.jpg

What is your opinion?

Originally posted by wormz777
I can't see even a tinge of anxiousness at all

How about trying to feel instead of see?

Imagine you are staring at the phone as hours go by and still there is no call. Or perhaps a clock nearby would help?

Maybe...u want to try to tilt the phone a little. And maybe, a title of 'waiting in vain' would be more suitable?

Just my opinion.

Regards

erm... sorry about my curt comments earlier on. Just feel that a good picture will convey its msg to a viewer straight away.

Originally posted by Wryer
Maybe...u want to try to tilt the phone a little. And maybe, a title of 'waiting in vain' would be more suitable?

Just my opinion.

Regards

Tilting the phone? Hmmm, may I know why you would want to do that? As in, why would you prefer it to be that way? In any case, it's quite impossible to do that cos the phone is stuck fast onto the wall.

Actually, contrary to what most people might be thinking, this is not a case of a guy waiting for a girl's call in a romantic sense. I took this photo with the intention of potraying a runaway family member who hasn't called back.

Maybe I should have been clearer in my first post.

Originally posted by wormz777
erm... sorry about my curt comments earlier on. Just feel that a good picture will convey its msg to a viewer straight away.

No worries. You have your views and I am not faulting you on them. I've shown this photo to others. While some agree with you, there are others who appreaciate the photo the same way I do. I guess it's personal opinion.

yeah ... its hard to please everyone :p Thats why I created a poll on this;)

Actually the message of the picture struck me the moment I saw it....I have to say I like it

Nice use of the susnset and the empty space to create the mood.

i find that the picture is cropped too tightly

and i would prefer a tightly cropped picture of a phone in B&W taken at the same level as the phone with a shallow DOF for the same tittle as above

just IMO :D

Originally posted by BraveHart
Actually the message of the picture struck me the moment I saw it....I have to say I like it

Nice use of the susnset and the empty space to create the mood.

Thanks Braveheart. I received a comment from someone that the use of long shadows also signify a long wait. Though that wasn't my intention in the first place but it's something interesting to know.

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
i find that the picture is cropped too tightly

and i would prefer a tightly cropped picture of a phone in B&W taken at the same level as the phone with a shallow DOF for the same tittle as above

just IMO :D

I don't know about that... I took this at f2.0 and 1/20 (handheld). The phone is pretty much stuck onto the wall so I am not sure how much DOF we can get. Unless we do a marco shot of the phone...

Originally posted by elutris
Tilting the phone? Hmmm, may I know why you would want to do that? As in, why would you prefer it to be that way? In any case, it's quite impossible to do that cos the phone is stuck fast onto the wall.

Actually, contrary to what most people might be thinking, this is not a case of a guy waiting for a girl's call in a romantic sense. I took this photo with the intention of potraying a runaway family member who hasn't called back.

Maybe I should have been clearer in my first post.

Oic, den i have misunderstood your initial meaning. My original thought was that someone was waiting for a call, but in vain. So the idea of tilting or misplacing the phone may show a sense of giving up. As for the title, what do others think?;)

Originally posted by elutris
I don't know about that... I took this at f2.0 and 1/20 (handheld). The phone is pretty much stuck onto the wall so I am not sure how much DOF we can get. Unless we do a marco shot of the phone...
i mean shooting another phone in another set up eg. the phone placed on a table and use the far background to get a nice bokeh

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
i mean shooting another phone in another set up eg. the phone placed on a table and use the far background to get a nice bokeh

I see. That'll be a different photo altogether then.

Status
Not open for further replies.