Ants

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanhb

Mar 21, 2004
First time doing macros. Any comments or suggestion on how to improve the pictures are welcome. :)

Both taken using same setting.
105mm f20 1/30sec Flash Comp -1.0 ev ISO 400

DSC6055.jpg

DSC6057.jpg

If this is newbie.. than i become super newbie liao.......

superb shot.:thumbsup:

soma said:
If this is newbie.. than i become super newbie liao.......

superb shot.:thumbsup:
If this is newbie, I'm super novice.... for I dun even have a DSLR... juz a prosumer...
The shots are sharp! but why not close up more???

Youhong said:
If this is newbie, I'm super novice.... for I dun even have a DSLR... juz a prosumer...

u dun need a dslr to take nice photos. in fact any cam will do, it's only how well u know abt ur eqpt and making the full potential out of it.

as for tanhb.. good capture for the start.. maybe u can explore from diff angles and capture them while the ants are doing something. CSer Marcwang/Megaweb is very gd at macros, guess u can consult him.. in the meantime.. keep looking at more macro photos and get some inspirations thru it.. u'll bound to improve. :)

ohh.. u manage to capture a.... nice butt...

Very good pics for first macros! Pic is sharp, eye is sharp.

#1 pic has better composition, and interesting subjects as you 2 ants there one frt and one back.

#2: techniclly ok, but lacks impact. Maybe front shot or try to tease this weaver ant by dangling a stick and it may put up a defensive posture

Just my 2c

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Youhong said:
That was almost the nearest I can go with my 105mm. When I was taking these shots, only then did I realised that I forget to bring along my 1.4xTC.

destiny_star said:
as for tanhb.. good capture for the start.. maybe u can explore from diff angles and capture them while the ants are doing something. CSer Marcwang is very gd at macros, guess u can consult him.. in the meantime.. keep looking at more macro photos and get some inspirations thru it.. u'll bound to improve. :)
Thanks. I will definitely do it again to explore diff angles diff technic. There is alot to learn from all the experts here. Actually I am always looking for birds photos in all forums, hoping to get my AFS 300mm f4 with a 1.7xTC, but too bad, until today I still dun have the extra money to buy it. :(

tchuanye said:
Very good pics for first macros! Pic is sharp, eye is sharp.

#1 pic has better composition, and interesting subjects as you 2 ants there one frt and one back.

#2: techniclly ok, but lacks impact. Maybe front shot or try to tease this weaver ant by dangling a stick and it may put up a defensive posture

Just my 2c
I was hoping that both ants can face the front. As for point no. 2, I will take note next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.