antique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewwing

Nov 6, 2006
North
Just checking,

Anyone ever used a FUJICA 35mm SLR camera? Just dug it out of my store... pretty bad shaped already... fungus growing in the lens and body... just wondering if its worth restoring... :think: or is it even a collectors item?

Googled it and seems like most pple who used it were pretty old folks...

LittleWolf

Jan 23, 2005
Singapore
Just checking,

Anyone ever used a FUJICA 35mm SLR camera? Just dug it out of my store... pretty bad shaped already... fungus growing in the lens and body... just wondering if its worth restoring... :think: or is it even a collectors item?

Googled it and seems like most pple who used it were pretty old folks...
It would be more helpful if you gave the model number. Fuji made a lot of different cameras.

The later SLRs used a proprietary lens mount and it may be difficult to find lenses to match it. There are some transition models with M42 mount, but electric contacts enabling open-aperture metering. The classic ones (e.g. ST701) use standard M42 and are quite nice.

viewwing

Nov 6, 2006
North
erm the model is ST 602 is that consider as a classic?:dunno:

Jan 23, 2005
Singapore
erm the model is ST 602 is that consider as a classic?:dunno:
I don't know the 602, but according to info found on the web, the 601 and 605 appear to be somewhat spec'd down versions of the ST701 (which is a classic, at least to me), so the ST602 should be similar. I doubt there is big demand for them, but if they are anything like the ST701, they should be quite nice cameras to use. Whether it's worth restoring the camera would depend on what you want to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom