Anticipation of the new E

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
to all E1 users, there's a new E coming to town. when it arrives, all your E1 will stop functioning & MUST BE REPLACED!! :bsmilie:

without further ado, let me reveal to u the teaser of the next E. :vhappy:

http://www.olympus-esystem.jp

the wait is over.... canon had their share of rumours now its your turn. :sweat:

heard its call E100. its a stripped down ver of E1. i think Oly is aiming the consumer level now. expect it to have faster AF, lower noise & maybe more MP.

however, i fear that the anti-dust & magnesium alloy body will have to go to make way for cheaper Es.

have fun waiting! :)

nightpiper said:
to all E1 users, there's a new E coming to town. when it arrives, all your E1 will stop functioning & MUST BE REPLACED!! :bsmilie:

haha....nice try ! but I have never been more happier with my E-1, so
will be keeping it for as long as it can take my abuse ;p

cookiez said:
will be keeping it for as long as it can take my abuse ;p

no can do!! in this community, the force is too strong. :devil:

MUST BUY! BUY! BUY! :cheergal:

u said u abuse the E1, so all the more u need to BUY... a back up of cos. :bsmilie:

just read the news on dpreview about the new E. noticed that the quoted lines from Olympus is: Welcome to the next generation of digital SLR cameras

are there going to be more than 1 DSLR? wheeww!!! its getting hot in here! :sweat:

anyone got any inside info or rumours? :dunno:

Looks like everyone is going consumer route now.

Just posted a photokina sneak peek in the general forum. i would like to add a bit extra in this forum cos' it concerns the E system.

there r 2 E bodies going to be announced on photokina, 1 is the E2 & the other is the E100.

E2 is touted to have 8MP

E100 is touted to have 6MP & 5 AF points

both r said to have improve noise & speed performance.

like the dialogue in the movie 'speed': i want money jack, i want money. :bsmilie:

nightpiper said:
Just posted a photokina sneak peek in the general forum. i would like to add a bit extra in this forum cos' it concerns the E system.

there r 2 E bodies going to be announced on photokina, 1 is the E2 & the other is the E100.

E2 is touted to have 8MP

E100 is touted to have 6MP & 5 AF points

both r said to have improve noise & speed performance.

like the dialogue in the movie 'speed': i want money jack, i want money. :bsmilie:
and from Jerry Maguire we have
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

and from cookiez : GIVE ME THE MONEY !!

nightpiper, you still havent make up your mind or you are waiting for the
new E series ?

hahahaha!! keep those money tag lines coming! after some negotiation with tan131, now basically waiting to see if the new E holds any water. :)

what i m looking for in the new E:

1) FFT-CCD
2) 6MP or higher
3) lower noise
4) faster AF under low light

at this point, i m very confi with lower noise, just look at C8080 to get a glimse.

i know it may be another 2 months before the product materialise but i m in no hurry. maybe N got something that can sway me away? lets just wait a while more. btw, before i get bombed, this new E piece of news is not confirmed, i read it off the jap mag.

wonder why nobody interested in the new epson printer? :think: that printer is confirmed & a printout is used to compare side by side with canon i990. there r 2 more interesting tests, if any of u r interested to know what they r, PM me. :cheers:

Hi there,

Does anyone believe that other brands such as Nikon and Canon will make lens to suit the Olympus 4/3 system ... such as was stated by a trainer I met during a training session of the E1 ???

I have doubts . :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Pablo said:
Hi there,

Does anyone believe that other brands such as Nikon and Canon will make lens to suit the Olympus 4/3 system ... such as was stated by a trainer I met during a training session of the E1 ???

I have doubts . :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well whether they do make them or not does not matters, I spoke to a regional adviser for a reown camera brand. Apparently according to him, the best lenses is always the ones from their own factory. Thats what I heard, so correct me if I am wrong.

As for what to expect from the new up coming Olympus camera, you can find all necessary info from the site below. Quite appealing, and make me looking forward to it.

http://www.olympus-pro.com/index.eu.en.html

went to the link, nothing leh. only those typical E1 stuff thats dated last year sept.

if u ask me about N or C making 4:3 lenses, i guess no. however heard that nikon made the 300mm for Oly. may be true cos' when u look at nikon's 300mm & oly's 300mm, they r very much identical in terms of glass construction & placement. the only diff is: Oly is selling this 300mm at 600mm price whereas nikon is selling the 300mm at 300mm price.

so i guess its a lot cheaper to just buy an adaptor & mount the nikon 300mm onto the E1. :bsmilie:

anyone has any more news on the new E?

Sigma seems releasing several 4/3 zooms. All are slow ones.
It's good if Sigma can make 4/3 mount of thier 50-500mm and 100-300 F4.

nightpiper said:
went to the link, nothing leh. only those typical E1 stuff thats dated last year sept.

if u ask me about N or C making 4:3 lenses, i guess no. however heard that nikon made the 300mm for Oly. may be true cos' when u look at nikon's 300mm & oly's 300mm, they r very much identical in terms of glass construction & placement. the only diff is: Oly is selling this 300mm at 600mm price whereas nikon is selling the 300mm at 300mm price.

so i guess its a lot cheaper to just buy an adaptor & mount the nikon 300mm onto the E1. :bsmilie:

anyone has any more news on the new E?

i really dun mind sigma zoom lens, just that they need to rem to put in the Optical Stabiliser. :)

if sigma can have a 50-500mm with OS, i think 4:3 has a brighter furture. :bsmilie: or maybe a 10mm prime, 12mm prime or a 100mm macro.

They are indeed coming up with OS version of 50-500 :thumbsup:
But not sure if they will have a 4:3 mount. I heard oly will announce a few primes in Photokina ;)

What abt kodak and fuji ? What are thier contribution for 4:3 ?

nightpiper said:
i really dun mind sigma zoom lens, just that they need to rem to put in the Optical Stabiliser. :)

if sigma can have a 50-500mm with OS, i think 4:3 has a brighter furture. :bsmilie: or maybe a 10mm prime, 12mm prime or a 100mm macro.

Caussway said:
What abt kodak and fuji ? What are thier contribution for 4:3 ?

maybe just talk only to hype up things. ;p

anyway, sigma just annouced the 18-125 DC 4:3 lens. might worth a look even tho i m a little skeptical with their optics. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.