Anti Exploitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
Hello friends.

(before I start I would like to apologise to eikin, I have nothing against you and your thread, and in fact I support the cause and do not wish to crash you thread over in the kopitiam, but... )

This is probably a long drawn out issue and a very dead horse that has been beaten many times. But what is the point of having a very long thread on anti-exploitation and getting people to put their names to it when...

1) CS does not explicitly ban such posts asking for free/cheap services in the Services sub-forum.

2) Related to point above, many have taken it on themselves to personally crash those threads. Often times in a not too polite manner.

--

As a suggestion...

Either 1) Ban such posts (which I think might be a little too biased and judgemental on the admin/mod/su's part)

2) Stricter policing of the services sub-forum. (ok i know everyone has real jobs and CS is a voluntary thing)

3) Perhaps auto-lock after the #1 post by the TS? Thus forcing all subsequent communication to be via PM or email. Removing much of the leeway for thread crashers.

--

What do you think? :think:

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
i've kept the other thread open for members to openly show that they are commited to not exploiting other participating members. that's all, it's a reflection of the community's stand and how many people support it.

last i did mention in the discussion thread that went haywire (as with most kopitiam discussions) that the admin is tuning the system, it seems like a complicated process, so we'll wait for more changes.

meanwhile the stand is clear, as with the last thread by some entertainment company that tried to source free photographers here, it's been deleted. the move is a clear no to profitting organisations trying to pull a fast one in this forum.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
Right :)

I was just a little uncomfortable with all the thread crashing and user-bashing going on. Which really is unnecessary in the services sub-forum since it is supposed to be advertisement space (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.