Another train jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
roger that...

SMRT! please build some barricades.... floor very slippery

i agreed.. the flooring material in many stations are often slippery whenever it rains.

as for barricades .. they already ask u stand behind the yellow line. :nono:

we should look at the root of the problem, passenger should be responsible for their own safety and the govt should try to understand why suddenly so many pple want to commit suicide.

There is a limit how much the govt and SMRT can do to MRT stations; secuirty cameras, guards, barrier...CANNOT stop pple from committing suicide. If these pple cannot jump track, they can jump down from building or run in front of the bus, are we going to put barrier along all the roads and fence up all the building corridors?

we should look at the root of the problem, passenger should be responsible for their own safety and the govt should try to understand why suddenly so many pple want to commit suicide.

There is a limit how much the govt and SMRT can do to MRT stations; secuirty cameras, guards, barrier...CANNOT stop pple from committing suicide. If these pple cannot jump track, they can jump down from building or run in front of the bus, are we going to put barrier along all the roads and fence up all the building corridors?

True. Well said. If only those people in charge think this way, most of them think of providing short term solutions which don't really solve the problems. Building barricades and so on.....only serve to increase the transport costs. (unless of coz if that's what they want in the first place...haha)

We end up living like hamsters waiting for people to serve us stuff on a platter. :p

gimmy.jpg

:sweatsm:

yeah.. i was there at the moment... the lady was lucky the train is able to stop in time
I was there too on the eastbound platform then there was a commotion but it was too crowded. Only managed to see a train stop in time and 2 guys went down the track to carry the person up.

I think the platform was quite wet and crowded. I think she might have been pushed. I didn't see that part though.

At jurong east, its common to see kiasu people pushing each when the train starts rumbling in, it doesn't help when group on one side has the 'compete for seats/standing space' mentality, likewise the other group on the other side. Before the train stops, people start stepping over the yellow line confident that the train won't hit them....and not only men dare to do it, ladies, senior citizens, even small kids learn from example.(i havent start on the parents who allow their kids to behave like this) Simply terrible.

:nono:

It happens every morning/evening peak hours. Frayed nerves, impatient shoves, inconsiderate rushing in, aplenty. It's so obvious, nobody bothers to take photos of it or videos of the kiasu people. :sweatsm:

Im not surprised that sooner or later, something is gonna happen at the station. Most of the time, if nothing happens, nothing will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.