Another tiny visitor - "common house" spider.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Found this little creature in my kitchen and it became my model for half an hour ;p Taken using stacked +3 and +4 closeup lens (cos of the small size). (2 of the pics were slightly cropped.)

aam.jpg

aan.jpg

aag.jpg

aal.jpg

more could be found here:
http://mpenza.clubsnap.org/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03

Hi Mpenza,

Got a same camera as u, casio 2900. Will be going to China again and would like to get a filter preferably a polariser or maybe a closeup. Any recommendations of shops and approximate price? AP seems busy yesterday when I visited. Thx :)

Haven't been seeing this kind of spider for a long time...

Originally posted by AnotherAngle
Hi Mpenza,

Got a same camera as u, casio 2900. Will be going to China again and would like to get a filter preferably a polariser or maybe a closeup. Any recommendations of shops and approximate price? AP seems busy yesterday when I visited. Thx :)

oops! saw this quite late ;p

generally larger filers are cheaper and more easily available. I got a step-up ring (~$9) at MS Color in AMK to use with a 52mm circular polariser (~$25-34) and 52mm +4 close-up filter (~$14). You could get the CP and Close up at Cathay Photo (but get an equote first to reduce bargaining time). MS Color also sells them. But 52mm filter would block the flash though.

Do note that to use the +4 close-up filter, you should not use the macro mode (which limits the zoom to ~1.6x). You should shoot under normal mode where you could use the full 8x zoom (but can only focus ard 25cm away).

Do you have a UV filter? If not get a 43mm one to protect your camera lens.

Alley Photo also seems to have the CP cheap but I'm not so sure of availability:
http://www.alleyphoto.com/hd_kfilter.htm

Originally posted by ultrazoom
Haven't been seeing this kind of spider for a long time...

saw them quite often back home..... maybe cos my house is quite low-floor ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.