Another Sunset shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dags28

May 7, 2008
Hello all,

I wanted to share the shot I took last week. I'm still new in post processing my pix.
Here it goes.

2646319740_3f9c1f6e4b.jpg

Comments, critics and advice are much appreciated. Thanks!

where's this taken from?

its generaly a nice picture but it seems to lack a focus/ subject/. perhaps if the rock boulders were brighter taken then it would improve the feel.

where's this taken from?

its generaly a nice picture but it seems to lack a focus/ subject/. perhaps if the rock boulders were brighter taken then it would improve the feel.

Thanks @velasco, It was taken at Punggol Beach..

I'll try that next time I take a scenery shot.. :)

I think your post processing might have been abit too heavy-handed... you can notice concentric circles spreading out from the sun.

Not to worry ,everyone had to start somewhere :)
pay a little more attention to white balancing
and pp work to brighten the rocks a little bit :cool:

Thanks ziiz01.. I'll try to distribute the details next time.. :)

I think your post processing might have been abit too heavy-handed... you can notice concentric circles spreading out from the sun.

Thanks for the comment Yatlapball.. :) Yes, I did some pp, specially on the sun, I made some burn to give somehow an expression. ;)

for punggol beach, either you have to find a very nice arrangement of the scattered rocks - which is hard unless you manage to find a good high viewpoint, which i haven't..

or you just leave them out altogether. another way is to go close and shoot WA with a few rocks arranged nicely dominating the foreground.

this one here, the rocks are cluttered, hence composition is messy, and it does not work. also, color palette is pretty weird for a sunset shot. try experimenting with WB post or in-camera to get more pleasing colors (though not too off, the sun should still be whitish/orangish).

personally here i would have tried a telephoto perspective and done the sun with the boat.

other than that, i wonder why not many people go all the way to the end of punggol beach, there are a lot more possibilities there than the usual places, which is probably about halfway.

for punggol beach, either you have to find a very nice arrangement of the scattered rocks - which is hard unless you manage to find a good high viewpoint, which i haven't..

or you just leave them out altogether. another way is to go close and shoot WA with a few rocks arranged nicely dominating the foreground.

this one here, the rocks are cluttered, hence composition is messy, and it does not work. also, color palette is pretty weird for a sunset shot. try experimenting with WB post or in-camera to get more pleasing colors (though not too off, the sun should still be whitish/orangish).

personally here i would have tried a telephoto perspective and done the sun with the boat.

other than that, i wonder why not many people go all the way to the end of punggol beach, there are a lot more possibilities there than the usual places, which is probably about halfway.

Hi night86mare, thanks for the comments and suggestions.. I'll definitely try to expore my whitebalancing.

Next time, I'll try to compose with a telephoto lens.

:)

Hi! I went down to Pungol Beach on last Friday and I spotted some people fishing and one couple. Perhaps you could use other people on the beach as your subjects?

Status
Not open for further replies.