Another STUPID decision from LTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
I just got a sms from Comfort/City Cab.

New taxi rule in CBD after Mar 1, can only pick up and drop off at taxi stands from 6am to mignight, Mon to Sat. This applies to bookings as well. DUH!

Haizzz... Perhaps it worth to own a private transport after all. Increase in prices, imposed new rules, more gantry... :(

how about emergency cases like childbirth, rushing to hospital etc ... ?

dun tell me wait at taxi queue hor.. :confused:

how about emergency cases like childbirth, rushing to hospital etc ... ?

dun tell me wait at taxi queue hor.. :confused:

Bro there is something call Ambulance lar..............:confused::bsmilie:

I just got a sms from Comfort/City Cab.

New taxi rule in CBD after Mar 1, can only pick up and drop off at taxi stands from 6am to mignight, Mon to Sat. This applies to bookings as well. DUH!

In that case where is the value differentiation provided by taking a cab as opposed to using the bus or MRT ... ie. point to point convenience???

this ruling has been release quite some time right? Just that it is effective only in CBD after 1st march i guess....

wa like that how are the cabbies gonna scratch out a living?

Well, I won't comment on flag-downs/drop-offs being at taxi stands, but on-calls?!?! That's just going to clog up taxi stands and slow down the queue.

Haizzz... Perhaps it worth to own a private transport after all. Increase in prices, imposed new rules, more gantry... :(

Exactly what LTA wanted you to do.

1. Buy a car, they can impose Road tax and COE on you. (doesnt matter if you keep yr car at home)
  2. If you drive yr car, den they can impose ERP on you.
  3. and all those parking and fuel hike..

They are just laughing and laughing their A** off.

Buy a car? With what money?

Everything is going up.

How are you going to face the usage cost of your car?

The new MRT line better come soon.

Flag-downs at taxi stands only, understandable becos non-of-us in the taxi queues would like to see people hijacking the taxi infront of us when they are not in the queue.

But dropping off, why? We take taxis for reason, raining, carry heavy and bulky stuff.. etc..imagine you have to alight at taxi stands, 50 meter away? and not all taxi stands has shelter that lead to any where.. eg the one at South Bridge Road, infront of the Indian temple. If it rains heavily.. then good luck!

And on call.. doesn't make sense also.. Then people won't call in advance, just walk to taxi stands, if long queue and no cab, then call lor. For those who called in advance, if they walk to the taxi stands and see cab queuing up, i think they will just act blur and hop onto any available cab.. :bsmilie:

Buy a car? With what money?

Everything is going up.

How are you going to face the usage cost of your car?

The new MRT line better come soon.

will there be a fare hike when new line comes online ... ??

Buy a dslr and become weekend wedding photographer like we do. :bsmilie:

jokes aside u think that's possible if they're barely able to pay the rent and fuel for the taxis?

Status
Not open for further replies.