Another ST cockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbesyeo

Feb 16, 2005
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
If you have today's Straits Times (Tue, 13 Dec), have a look at Page 24 of the Digital Life section.

Can you spot the cockup? :bsmilie:

Hahahaa:bsmilie:
At least they did not put a Nikon D200 there.

maybe 5d too expensive so canon only give st a photo of 350d :bsmilie:

Ya... Saw it and laughed my head off. Ah well, looks like they got more corrections and apologies in the corrections column next issue... Haha :bsmilie:

No wonder i wasn't impress by the 5D when i look at the photo ..... :think:

Maybe we shall give the top prize to the ST's editorial team for this award:
"Cockup of the year 2005!" :bsmilie:

Wonder if there is any Quality Assurance system for newspaper publishing. I tot got somebody to do checking and sign it. Got editors and sub-editors and so forth. Or is there something called ISO Quality Certification and all that crap.

After all, unlike daily newspaper with tight dateline, Digital Life not that rushed at all.

Maybe, their CEO should do something about it.

Somehow, I notice that quality assurance seems to be more stringent and applied almost universally for physical products. Less so for services and other non-physical stuff. Publishing is one of them. Another example is office procedure. Like after you have written something or done something on your PC, do you check it over before clicking on Send or Submit? It is SOP for me.

Astin said:
Maybe ST Digital Life should hire a CSer to write camera reviews in future.

This can become a reality. They have already done it with their car reviews on Saturday by outsourcing it to some car magazine writers. :)

Astin, are you interested to do some freelance writing? I know somebody there. :cool: But remember quality assurance. :bigeyes:

smallaperture said:
This can become a reality. They have already done it with their car reviews on Saturday by outsourcing it to some car magazine writers. :)

Astin, are you interested to do some freelance writing? I know somebody there. :cool: But remember quality assurance. :bigeyes:
Haha, I used to write freelance for a local photo magazine some time ago, maybe...:think:

hahah reminds me of another **** up just few weeks ago where they did a review of several Skype compatible phones. There was a cordless phone and a corded phone.

according to them:
Corded ver costs $68
Cordless costs $28 :bigeyes:
I actually almost went down to buy one.

2 weeks later: Corrections, the correct price should be $208.. :faint:

hahah reminds me of another **** up just few weeks ago where they did a review of several Skype compatible phones. There was a cordless phone and a corded phone.

according to them:
Corded ver costs $68
Cordless costs $28 :bigeyes:
I actually almost went down to buy one.

2 weeks later: Corrections, the correct price should be $208.. :faint:

Haiz... Every week without fail, sure muz have some corrections in the corrections column... Sad case siaz...

eh... they are also the folks who, when reviewing the 1dsMkII some time ago, listed as a 'con' - the lack of a pop-up flash.... :faint:

nightwolf75 said:
eh... they are also the folks who, when reviewing the 1dsMkII some time ago, listed as a 'con' - the lack of a pop-up flash.... :faint:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

And guess who sponsors the DL paper? Think they're going to get screwed.

nightwolf75 said:

Is that so!!!????? hahahahahahahahah....that's a classic......

I am actually wondering if anyone owner of the 350D saw the price...and thot like share...price went up due to some kinda of demand and then try to go sell his 350D heheheheh...

Wad's next? No kit lens supplied with the 1DsMkII? :bsmilie:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Status
Not open for further replies.