another scam in B&S

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
mikessd WTSell: DSLR - Nikon D80 / 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Nikon
Equipment Model: D80 / 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
Price (S$): 750$
Description:
I am selling my Nikon D80 w/ the 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens. The camera was purchased earlier this year in April brand new and is in excellent condition. I never really had the time to use the camera (estimated 1500 actuations). This is my first DSLR and the quality of pictures, camera build, and zoom range are amazing. Considering that I paid over 1,000$ for the camera, I will sell it for 700$ FIRM and I will include a 4GB memory stick and a Hoya UV Filter. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am located in San Diego.

The camera comes with all original accessories: manual, cords, strap, charger, LCD cover.

Email Address: mnavales16@gmail.com

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
Warranty Status: 2 Years Bestbuy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUYERS BEWARE!!!! :bsmilie:

Wow! That's a good deal, I can use the memory stick for my Sony camera as I need one......

HS

free memory stick

sexy.. let me try if my pentax works with memory sticks, they are cuter than sd cards

whew....b&s thread deleted liao....thx mods! :bsmilie:

mikessd WTSell: DSLR - Nikon D80 / 18-135mm AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will include a 4GB memory stick
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bro,

You are sharp :)

Thks :)

"I am located in San Diego"

Win.

Beware of all trades if the sellers are overseas. Always follow this simple procedure (newbies to B&S pls take note):

1) Contact seller
2) Arrange to meet with seller to inspect and test item
3) If you are satisfied, pay cash or go ATM to perform fund transfer to seller. If not satisfied.....
4) Say bye bye.

Don't quite get it....

How do you guys tell he is a bogus seller? Just cos he made a boo-boo with the "memory stick" part? It's not as if he's saying Quick, transfer $xxx to me via ____. He even mentioned if there is any question, ask it.

Heck, I don't even know if the D80 uses a CF or SD card. Could it be that he is a newbie or senior and unsure of the proper technical terminology?

Living a San Diego.... I don't know. In this day and age, does distance really matter? I mean, we've got ebay also right? Or more possibly, maybe an interested buyer is on his or her way to San Diego so they can both meet up?

I think it's just someone who might have trouble selling his cam where he is residing and he is just broadening his advertisement overseas. Kinda weird given the US is so big but I wouldn't write him off immediately as bogus bcos of this.

d80 body only asking for 589 usd
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-DSLR-D80-...wItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item19b775ad1b

d80 body only asking for 517 usd
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKON-D80-10-2M...wItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item5ad514e6ae

d80 with 18-135 at 550 usd with THREE DAYS TO GO, believe me it will go beyond that.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D80-10mp-...wItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item27ad3c0c49

now, since there are no indicative BUY IT NOW prices for ebay usa for d80 + 18-135..

let's just say he is very nice and is pricing his product at the body-only 517 bracket. tell me, based on conversion rate 1usd = 1.38 sgd, why is he willing to sell his 18-135 for 25 usd as a package, when he can sell it separately and get more money in ebay usa? because he is a kind person? :bsmilie:

pardon me. I don't know about the pricing stuffs of Nikon gear.

but almost every posts here are harping about the bold and red "4GB memory stick" that I thot that was the issue. So it's really about the pricing then...

pardon me. I don't know about the pricing stuffs of Nikon gear.

but almost every posts here are harping about the bold and red "4GB memory stick" that I thot that was the issue. So it's really about the pricing then...

lol.. cos zaren highlighted that part, very funny mar :)

i see. haha.. ok ok. my bad. :D

There's a San Diego photo forum, in case some of you don't know, and it's quite active too :)

So I classify this as either a scam, or the guy is really just trying his luck by posting in various photo forums (And not know that CS is mainly a SG photo forum)

Hi

I need an opinion.

If the buyer brought the "goods" home and then complain about something wrong with the goods but both parties were not aware at the point of sale.

Can the buyer ask for a refund becos of a minor problem?

Btw, the "goods'"is still under agent warranty.

Scam... most likely. But seller never say the memory stick come with the camera... I can also sell my E-30 and throw in my PSP leh...:bsmilie:

perhaps $700 is in USD? the camera was bought from BestBuy.

and come on..it could be a genuine mistake. not everyone makes the distinction between a memory stick, CF card, SD card, xD card, micro-SD card etc etc etc.

its like how some people have "shuttles" in their camera and put a "len" in front of the camera. they must be scammers too!

Hi

I need an opinion.

If the buyer brought the "goods" home and then complain about something wrong with the goods but both parties were not aware at the point of sale.

Can the buyer ask for a refund becos of a minor problem?

Btw, the "goods'"is still under agent warranty.

Refund of exchange? I don't think anyone's gonna refund the buyer for an item (xept in Carrefour :bsmilie:), but if it's under warranty, they can do an exchange it for another set.

perhaps $700 is in USD? the camera was bought from BestBuy.

pls re-read the sale thread carefully - > Price (S$): 750$ , price in SINGAPORE DOLLARS.

and come on..it could be a genuine mistake. not everyone makes the distinction between a memory stick, CF card, SD card, xD card, micro-SD card etc etc etc.

its like how some people have "shuttles" in their camera and put a "len" in front of the camera. they must be scammers too!

true, some people just refer to a generic term like "memory card". however, a memory stick is a very specific type of recording media that is not related to Nikon digital cameras. I've not come across any other Nikon DSLR user in Singapore who mentions or uses Memory Sticks, maybe Nikon DSLR users in the USA are a different breed?

;p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.