Another sad case from channel 8 news

Is it sad case that singapore have to import foriegen sport talent to represent us?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
aiyoh, i thot this topic has been discussed to death everywhere b4?

My own personal conclusion is tt spore is not a sporting nation and there is nothing wrong with tt. Eg, people here talk soccer like big time experts more than they can even kick a ball! In short quite hopeless by world class standards.

But we hv good things in other areas. Appreciate them lor.

zaren said:
OTFOI cheaper for his "official" salary... BUT more ex when he siphons billions from our banks.

:sticktong
siphon secretly or daylight robbery,
what's the diff.
name me a family that's worth hundreds of millions
when their main occupation is
TO SERVE THE COUNTRY???

sorri, no prize for getting
it right.

ps- its not the fugitive tang nor the sued until bankrupt Jaya.

EiRiK said:
y not proud?
50 years down the road, will u remember who was in the team? u will only remember that singapore won the cup.
let me quote 1 example, we all remember that singapore won the malaysian cup in 1994(right year?) but who was the reserve right back then? or the 1st team left midfielder? any1 can remember without checking back the record books?
seriously, do u remember the names of the players in the 1st brazilian world cup winning team? i bet not even brazilians will remember that.
so, as long as the word "singapore" is inscribed onto the cup, who cares who won it for us.
like ur previous thread and agree wholeheartedly,
but this, i beg to differ.

honestly,
i don't know who knows what 50 yrs down the road,
and i don't care.
i do know that i hv serve the nation to my best,
pay my taxs on time,
n what did the Gov do with the money?
engage foreigners that may or may not bring
'honours' to my country.

remember the marathoner from one of
the african country?
sole representative,
won a gold.
100% hit rate, like shooting slide.
urs, best barely qualify, like shooting digital,
n the worst thing is we use past best by date digital camera.

judeseah said:
100% hit rate, like shooting slide.
urs, best barely qualify, like shooting digital,
n the worst thing is we use past best by date digital camera.

u can achieve 100% hit rate shooting slides?
u must be very good at slides then.
but dont say digital shooters best barely qualify

Everyone will have own opinion.

I think it is good for 'new' Singaporean to know their 'new' country. But what bugs me is they have to take a 'test' after that to show that they have learn about Singapore, then that is too much.

(Sarcasm intended) Maybe this is part of the getting to know Singapore part where most things are judge by test and exam. Failure will have to go for remedial trip until you get 100% right.

Home is where your heart belongs.

judeseah said:
siphon secretly or daylight robbery,
what's the diff.
name me a family that's worth hundreds of millions
when their main occupation is
TO SERVE THE COUNTRY???

sorri, no prize for getting
it right.

ps- its not the fugitive tang nor the sued until bankrupt Jaya.

Dude, hit the nail on the right spot(all over my face actually)! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Clown said:
singapore has almost no native inhabitants lah. we're all foreign imports. as long as those new imports come in here, take the pink IC, serve NS, get paid normal SGD, contribute CPF, squeeze with us on the MRT and buses, they shouldnt be called foreign imports anymore...

By the same token, so is USA and Australia.

jamestan said:
By the same token, so is USA and Australia.
We have actually, early malay villages here. For USA, there's Red Indian. For Australia, the Aboriginal. Sometime we forget the orginal people living around here.

EiRiK said:
u can achieve 100% hit rate shooting slides?
u must be very good at slides then.
but dont say digital shooters best barely qualify
guess i should be more clear.

with slide, u don't shoot first see histogram later,
careful planning for everything before button is pressed.
there is no turning back and u know what u r getting even
before its out.

with digital, do u do the same?
maybe u do, but most around me don't(i m guilty of that too).
its like ours star hunting officials,
dangle cash and citzenship or whatever it takes
to lure the mecenaries.

n yes i think they r mecenaries.

btw, the 100% was refering to the runner,
sorri if its not clear.

n unlike ours,
he is not there on OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY
to gain EXPOSURE???

if our sportsmen r digital sensor,
they will all be overblown by now,
unless they r the Fuji SuperCCD SR-II.

tan131 said:
Just because we are born and bred here doesn't make us true singaporeans... how many of us are always critising the country.. come on.. all our forefathers were from china... The term "singaporean" now.. only means u hold a pink IC.. Sportsmen and sportswomen are the only ones who come under fire.. i dun think its fair.. wat abt those in the workforce?? are u going to stop foreign companies from starting a branch here cos they aren't singapore companies?? or will u go on strike becos they have a branch here and the chief ain a local?? ppl.. have a broader mindset.. ;)
Disagree with u on the part of 'criticising the government'.

Does 'criticising the government' make u anymore patriotic? A 'true blue Singaporean' who loves his country?

Compare an armchair government (or might I say PAP) critic vs one who talks little, but performs a lot for the country, for the citizens, contributes to the society at large and volunteers for suicide squad mission during wartime, who is more patriotic?

Talk is cheap, and I see more and more disgrunted ppl who seem to be venting their personal misfortunes on the govt rather then themselves. And when fortunes come, they are the ones keeping quiet. What kinda world is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.