Another roll of film (Singapore Garden Festival), 36 shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Went to see the Garden Festival a couple of days ago. Took both K20D and SuperProgram cameras and had DA21 mounted on the K20D, FA31 mounted on SuperProgram. Virtually both have the same FOV. Shot w/ both on the some same scenes, here I'm sharing all photos from the show plus several wasted one on the way home. No pp as usual, only resize and abit sharpening from the scanned results.

All shots were taken either by FA31 or FA77. All except the last one were taken on a tripod. WB on some shots seem to be on the warm side, but I kinda like it. How do you think?

Last edited:
#01-05

00860001.jpg

00860002.jpg

00860003.jpg

00860004.jpg

00860005.jpg

The rest are just some random shots on the way home, including the last one wasted on my daughter:

#32-36
00860032.jpg

00860033.jpg

00860034.jpg

00860035.jpg

00860036.jpg

Nice photos there fengwei!

Aiyo...dun say wasted on your daugther! She look so cute~

Nice photos there fengwei!

Aiyo...dun say wasted on your daugther! She look so cute~

Well, got the last one left before the Sun went down. The light condition is great for people shot, I thought I could have a nice shot of her. But she lowered her eyes when I pressed the shutter button :( Don't think I'd waste more film on her in the future ...

Well, got the last one left before the Sun went down. The light condition is great for people shot, I thought I could have a nice shot of her. But she lowered her eyes when I pressed the shutter button :( Don't think I'd waste more film on her in the future ...

Err I actually like that shot :) Its very nice and she looks extremely sweet.

The colors pop a bit too much in the other shots for my taste but for those who love saturated colors - man they are amazing :thumbsup:

Err I actually like that shot :) Its very nice and she looks extremely sweet.

The colors pop a bit too much in the other shots for my taste but for those who love saturated colors - man they are amazing :thumbsup:

The warm color probably due to the complicate indoor lighting. The actual scenes were much cooler on some shots.

Fengwei, care to share what kind of settings? I would love to try my roll of film in Istana... :D

For such complicated lighting, and from my perspective low light, would like to know what you have set? Using digital, can preview. Not happy delete. Trial and Error.

Film? Can... just waste more film, and development of the pictures! Kekeke...

---
Nice shots! Particularly the last one! ;)

Fengwei, care to share what kind of settings? I would love to try my roll of film in Istana... :D

For such complicated lighting, and from my perspective low light, would like to know what you have set? Using digital, can preview. Not happy delete. Trial and Error.

Film? Can... just waste more film, and development of the pictures! Kekeke...

---
Nice shots! Particularly the last one! ;)

Actually shooting film doesn't need whole alot setting lah. I used Av mode on all shots, no EV adjustment, and a roll of expired Kodak Gold 100, that's all. The cure for low light is a sturdy TRIPOD :) Many shots were taken over 1s, some even as long as 10s. I think the shop did a pretty nice job developing and scanning these photos. What I did was focusing and press the shutter button, and of course forwarding the film manually :bsmilie:

Fengwei

Love your nice sharp pictures but bit too bright for me. I will go to Garden Fest tonight for second time.

Please advise if it is alright that I use 50mm f1.4 for low light environment. But what i see u mentioned using FA31mm and 77mm, I do not have these models except only 50mm f1.4 and Tamron 17-50mm f2.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.