Another proud D70S owner!


Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbesyeo

New Member
Feb 16, 2005
990
0
0
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
Hi,
After months of deliberation, "research" in CS, a few hands-on sessions and skipping-the-movies-to-save-$$, I've finally bought my own D70S.
:D

I would also like to thank those of you would have patiently answered my questions previously.

Next on my shopping list, is the AF 50mm f/1.8, protective filters for the kit lense and 50mm, and a dry cabi.

hahahaha..... the feeling is just great. :bsmilie:
Now, why can't the charger charge faster?? ;p
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
=D glad you made the right choice. but a dry cabin is important. especially with this kinda weather right now. anyway i might be getting one soon as well. may i know how much u paid for you d70s and and where you bought it?
 

Beachboy

Senior Member
Feb 5, 2004
1,810
2
38
Singapore, Jurong East
Hobbesyeo said:
Hi,
After months of deliberation, "research" in CS, a few hands-on sessions and skipping-the-movies-to-save-$$, I've finally bought my own D70S.
:D

I would also like to thank those of you would have patiently answered my questions previously.

Next on my buying lists, is the AF 50mm f/1.8, protective filters for the kit lense and 50mm, and a dry cabi.

hahahaha..... the feeling is just great. :bsmilie:
Now, why can't the charger charge faster?? ;p
welcome to darkside, i think you have to buy the dry cabinet first. its more important
 

kcuf2

Senior Member
Dec 29, 2005
1,783
2
38
KFC
hey tats cool, i just realised there is 3 ppl in here wanting to buy a dry cabi including me, perhaps we can buy together??? i think can be cheaper

and welcome to the DARK side!
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
Finally.. haahaa another dark sith lord :devil:
 

Beachboy

Senior Member
Feb 5, 2004
1,810
2
38
Singapore, Jurong East
kcuf2 said:
hey tats cool, i just realised there is 3 ppl in here wanting to buy a dry cabi including me, perhaps we can buy together??? i think can be cheaper

and welcome to the DARK side!
i got mine 52l at $120 only at jurong point, which is the cheapers
 

Hobbesyeo

New Member
Feb 16, 2005
990
0
0
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
Hahaha... thanks for the warm welcome. I can feel the power of the dark side consuming me already. Muahahahhaha.:bsmilie:

yes, I know the dry cabi is impt, esp with this awful rainy weather now. In fact, apart from a quick check of the body and lense at the shop, I've not taken it out since. hahaha..I'm probably being a little paranoid here but heck, its my new toy!

kcuf2: I don't mind waiting to buy together too if we can get a good price. I was originally planning to buy the Digi cabi - 60L from carrefour for $167. Which one were you planning to get?

Koelsch: I bought my set from Harvey Norman -Funan. I paid $1750 (inc gst) for the kit, and another $255 for the Harvey Norman extended warranty (additional 4 yrs). The kit came with a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II card, and a Nikon bag. I think I got the last set today. But you can try talking to Patrick there. He may be able to help.

Btw, I also saw that they had one last D200 with that new VR lens (i think). For a moment, I seriously considered getting that instead but thank goodness logic prevailed. :bsmilie:
 

kcuf2

Senior Member
Dec 29, 2005
1,783
2
38
KFC
Hobbesyeo said:
Hahaha... thanks for the warm welcome. I can feel the power of the dark side consuming me already. Muahahahhaha.:bsmilie:

yes, I know the dry cabi is impt, esp with this awful rainy weather now. In fact, apart from a quick check of the body and lense at the shop, I've not taken it out since. hahaha..I'm probably being a little paranoid here but heck, its my new toy!

kcuf2: I don't mind waiting to buy together too if we can get a good price. I was originally planning to buy the Digi cabi - 60L from carrefour for $167. Which one were you planning to get?

Koelsch: I bought my set from Harvey Norman -Funan. I paid $1750 (inc gst) for the kit, and another $255 for the Harvey Norman extended warranty (additional 4 yrs). The kit came with a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II card, and a Nikon bag. I think I got the last set today. But you can try talking to Patrick there. He may be able to help.

Btw, I also saw that they had one last D200 with that new VR lens. For a moment, I seriously considered getting that instead but thank goodness logic prevailed. :bsmilie:
i am looking at the 30L one $99. I think it shuld be sufficient for me, at least for maybe 2 yrs

beachboy: that is really a very good price! but er..which shop in jurong point?
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
Hobbesyeo said:
That's quite a good price. I assume you got it from Giant?
MTL la... time to buy lenses & flash !! :thumbsup:
 

Hobbesyeo

New Member
Feb 16, 2005
990
0
0
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
kcuf2 said:
i am looking at the 30L one $99. I think it shuld be sufficient for me, at least for maybe 2 yrs
Yeah, if you are just planning to store a D70 kit, the 30L is quite adequate. I'm getting the bigger one bcos I've got another digi cam and my old film cams to store too.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
Hobbesyeo said:
Yeah, if you are just planning to store a D70 kit, the 30L is quite adequate. I'm getting the bigger one bcos I've got another digi cam and my old film cams to store too.
Get 2 x 80L. MTL. BBB!!
 

Beachboy

Senior Member
Feb 5, 2004
1,810
2
38
Singapore, Jurong East
Hobbesyeo said:
That's quite a good price. I assume you got it from Giant?
nope its in a photoshop, ithink its a kodak printing shop.... there is one display at there...

i been use for about 1 years already:)
 

merkava74

Member
Dec 25, 2005
367
0
16
home
Hobbes, time to get vertical grip! I just bought my Jenis. Works great! Get from Adolf! BBB!
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
Hobbesyeo said:
hahaha... I was waiting for you to say that. :bsmilie:

Wait ah... one step at a time. ;)
No la.. do it one shot, ask BeachBoy... what I did to him the first day I met him and ask if he got regret anot... :bsmilie:
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
merkava74 said:
Hobbes, time to get vertical grip! I just bought my Jenis. Works great! Get from Adolf! BBB!
Don't bother, it's not a full grip. Stay with it and get D200 when you're ready.
 

merkava74

Member
Dec 25, 2005
367
0
16
home
espn said:
Don't bother, it's not a full grip. Stay with it and get D200 when you're ready.
He just bought the D70S against the D200... won't see him "ready" anytime soon!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.