Another PRO photog debate. Was:Need A Pro Wedding Photg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ckiang
There is, actually. A number of them are around. ;) Sounds like an oxymoron though.

Regards
CK

Err.. oh ok..

But to me. There is 4 main group.

1. Pro - Take pic as a main career
2. Freelance - Take pic for pocket money
3. Serious amature - Dun take pics for money
4. Newbie - Just onboard :D

Ok corse there is a few in between but there will be too many group if we consider them.

Eg. Pro who is a newbie, Freelance serious amatuer, balh blah blah.

A professional programmer is not necessarily better than an amateur. Many top hackers are self-taught and they beat any professional programmers. In the photography field, a full-time photographer is not necessarily better than another amateur, of course depending on comparing whom with whom. But generally speaking professional guys have better experience and are more capable of accomplishing assignments. With the emergence of digital cameras, especially DSLRs, the situation has gradually changed these days. Experience can be gathered through massive shooting under different light conditions for many kinds of themes. Shooting more and showing less, the philosophy of being a professional photographer, are now applicable to an amateur photographer who wants high standard of work. But all in all, it's the person. I won't easily trust a pro simply because he works full time. Show me the pictures with a pro standard, and I would be impressed.

Originally posted by binbeto
Err.. I dun think that category existed. :p

Professonal freelance is still freelance...

isn't freelance just meaning the photographer is not tied to any studio or organisation ? he's free to shoot for anyone........

so you can be a part time freelancer,
full time freelancer etc... etc...

Originally posted by tomshen
yeah yeah, we evaluate a photographer by his equipment... :dent:
u sure? ;p
some "pro" wannabe also list their specs and eqip down... but upon seeing their portfolio.. i think they shd donate their equip to mi.. though im a newbie in this "line" by interest... some pics CMI...
eh.. my pics was commented by one of the laujiao here tt..my 900 bucks digicam takes betta shots than his 5K equip. *lolz*:angel:

No offense..

jus my 0.0000000001 cent worth..

Originally posted by RuthBaby
u sure? ;p
eh.. my pics was commented by one of the laujiao here tt..my 900 bucks digicam takes betta shots than his 5K equip. *lolz*:angel:
Can show me your pictures? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.