Another Pay and pay more service

Din know that excess usage charge will also have "promo" period.
So guess SingTel 4G users have to use and excess more before the "promo" end in a mth time? To make full use of the Special Discount

LL also must pay lor ......... What to do?

Luckily... me not a football fan... never have to go through this headache yearly...

I'm on 4G plan with 3GB limit. Find that 3GB is hardly enough with 4G speed. 3 months ago, 3GB ran out and it was only in the middle of the month! So I called Singtel to find out the excess charges. Was told that I can top up $10(I think) monthly and have the limit increased to 5GB. Did that and so far so good.

I FB alot, surf mobile forums, chat, send files via email and whatsapp, do wifi tethering..

And yet i barely use 2GB.

Lots of people i speak to grumble about the drop to 3GB or 2GB from 12GB.. But when i ask them about their usage, it's not even more then 2GB a month. So i just tell them to tgeir faces that they're complaining for the sake of complaining.

I easily can hit 10 gb if I wanted cause of gaming using the phone. There are a lot of gamers out there and so, even 4gb not enough. Plus steaming online etc, else buy smart phone for what? Unless you holding a blackberry. Heh heh!

Actually I never reach 1GB in all my years of using my existing data. I surf the nets, I download apps, I play a bit of games and I use whatsapp and google talk heaps of time.

So basically I don't know what is the big hoohaa on dropping the data plan to 2GB.

Of course if they maintain at 12GB for me, I will be very very happy. I don't need it... but I wanted it (I know... I know, I am a greedy cheapskate.)

Last edited:
Btw... anyone here like me... have 2 network subscription... one data plan (10GB) for tablet and the other for mobile (2GB) ??

I currently have both on 4G.... 10GB on M1 and 2GB on Singtel. Monthly... its like 5GB for my M1 and seldom more than 1GB for my Singtel.

Same here.... perviously on 3G, I never go beyond 1GB data per month. Now with 4G, at most I had used up to 1.5GB data in a month. I do use my phone everyday for FB, Whatsapp, games, surf internet, some youtube videos.... I didn't even bother to monitor my usage, though my phone do have the feature to show the amount of data usage per month.

Maybe cause once at home, my phone will switched over to my home wifi network, where I'm more likely to use data intensive app like watching video, rather than outside.

But to be frank, if I am a Singtel subscriber, I'll be pissed too with all the recent price hikes by Singtel. Fortunately I had already terminated all Singtel services, even their land line.

But to be frank, if I am a Singtel subscriber, I'll be pissed too with all the recent price hikes by Singtel. Fortunately I had already terminated all Singtel services, even their land line.

....you wont be able to avoid price hikes because there is no competition within the trinity .......... LL also must pay ...... you too ......... :)

I never used more than 1GB when I was on 3G but now, using 4GB+ is normal on 4G. There is a difference.

I also find that during the times when 4G dropped to 3G, the phone is as good as useless where data transferring is concerned. A 3G phone is muCh better than a 4G phone when dropped to 3G.

1174993_10151662994084234_839432428_n.jpg

Last time a month hardly hit 1.5Gb when i am using 3g, after switch to 4g and a bigger screen phone... My data usage shoot to 3GB per month ( with same amount of surfing) I guess it depend on the phone model as well.

nobody force u to watch football or surf net on 4G phone.. dun complain lah;)

Last time a month hardly hit 1.5Gb when i am using 3g, after switch to 4g and a bigger screen phone... My data usage shoot to 3GB per month ( with same amount of surfing) I guess it depend on the phone model as well.

might not have been the same amount of surfing. you might have done more.

also, you might have been streaming content with higher bit rates. so you can't really say that it's the same.

right now, even with the usual things i'm doing, i still can't hit the 3GB ceiling.

Yup agreed that streaming content in higher bit rate will increase the amount.
Think should wait for next month data usage, cus first month of getting the phone usually will tend to download and play with more stuff.

might not have been the same amount of surfing. you might have done more.

also, you might have been streaming content with higher bit rates. so you can't really say that it's the same.

right now, even with the usual things i'm doing, i still can't hit the 3GB ceiling.

I was a Singtel user... was looking for upgrade at Lot 1.

Went to the 3 telcos.

1. Singtel - service attitude : if you want sign up else.....
2. M1 - good service. the staff approached me though they were busy
3. Starhub - Good service. The staff bothered to explain..

I picked 2 & 3. I eventually took Starhub as it offered the model I wanted.

Singtel lost another customer and more to come if they don't improve their service!

Last edited: