anOthEr neWbiE qnS.....plZ helP

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader

Aug 4, 2007
im usin a cannon 400d wif 100mm cannon marco to tank my fish tank pix. but it seems dats every shoot is take is overexposure(my fish tank lightin is super bright), how can i counter is prOblem? i try using 100 ISO wif F3.2 but photo stil turn out too bright :cry::cry::cry:

Any1, some1....... plz help..........:(

I presume u r using Av mode? Try reducing the exposure by -1/3 or -2/3. Press the AV+/- button beside the viewfinder n turn yr dial to minus the exposure.

Play around to get yr wanted exposure.

bump up your shutter speed, -EV or f4

Flash fired? Perhaps you might want to use a smaller aperture like f8.0...

If still over exposed, then may be you can do some PP work on it also.

tkq all....... wil trY alL e methoD abovE........ anY moRe tipSss :heart:

If you had used flash before, then don't use it any more.

Use Av setting, and try out using various aperture setting to get the best result.

Next option and if possible, switch off part of your fish tank light, so then the tank light will not be too bright to cause over exposure.

I used to take fish tank photo when I used to have those 5ft and 6ft tank at home, I normally will wait till everyone is asleep first, then switch off all room lights and just leave the some of the tank light on, the result? Well, if you don't mind, can always take a look at my Flickr gallery and look out for those photos on Arowanas.

What was your shutter speed used?

If it's above 1/200, remember to turn on the high sync speed on your flash. (400D flash x-sync is 1/200 max)

i tot flashlight blinds fish easily? i remebering hearing that from someone that it blinds a particular type of fish you know...

can u teach me how to attach piz, plz!

can u teach me how to attach piz, plz!

You need to have an upload gallery (e.g. Flickr, photobucket).

Upload your pictures, then find the URL where the pictures can be linked to - I recommend Flickr, easiest to use, and a lot of people can help you out with the linking.

Then use the
tags to post up your picture. :)

i tot flashlight blinds fish easily? i remebering hearing that from someone that it blinds a particular type of fish you know...

so far my arowana and ranchus all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.