Another newbie joining the dark side!!!

riftmage

Apr 29, 2010
Just want to say hi to all of you! I just started on tinkering with the dark dark world of digital photography when my uncle gave me his DSLR camera a few weeks back. Since then I had only "played" with it once or twice. Finally decided to join the dark side totally! ;p

Please be patient with me if I make any stupig posts or "you can google this" questions! :embrass::embrass::embrass:

welcome
enjoy your shoots:)

Hi riftmage,

Welcome to Clubsnap.

When you mentioned you joined the dark side, it usually means you have bought a Nikon camera/system. And in any case, this hobby of photography is not something seedy ... so please don't associate such connotation to a wonderful hobby :)

Anyway, enjoy your stay!

Cheers :)

Hi riftmage,

Welcome to Clubsnap.

When you mentioned you joined the dark side, it usually means you have bought a Nikon camera/system. And in any case, this hobby of photography is not something seedy ... so please don't associate such connotation to a wonderful hobby :)

Anyway, enjoy your stay!

Cheers :)

Oops! Sorry, I actually meant more in reference to the term of "Digital Darkroom". Nothing malicious though :sweat:

Oops! Sorry, I actually meant more in reference to the term of "Digital Darkroom". Nothing malicious though :sweat:

another lame thing is that the darkroom is dark room. digi darkroom is called adobe lightroom:angel:

Welcome to the dark side of CS, riftmage.
Cool... u got yourself a dslr and what model was that?
do enoy shooting with your new toy. ;)

another lame thing is that the darkroom is dark room. digi darkroom is called adobe lightroom:angel:

It is good that not to embarrass yourself, digital darkroom is what we commonly refer as post processing.

Adobe lightroom is just a software.

Btw, CS has a "digital darkroom" subforum.

Last edited:
Think we have hit him left, right and center by now ... that he's probably seeing stars! Hehehehe.

But no worries, as you delve deeper, you'll learn more. So mean time, read up on the basics, and share your pics here so we can all see.

Cheers matey

Just want to say hi to all of you! I just started on tinkering with the dark dark world of digital photography when my uncle gave me his DSLR camera a few weeks back. Since then I had only "played" with it once or twice. Finally decided to join the dark side totally! ;p

Please be patient with me if I make any stupig posts or "you can google this" questions! :embrass::embrass::embrass:

Free still need to think...haha....Jump to the dark side immediately man!

It is good that not to embrassment yourself, digital darkroom is what we commonly refer as post processing.

its good that u shld learn wad was called a joke. i'm a occassional poster on the digi darkroom and i'm certainly not dumb enough to not know wads photoshop. its jsut a play with words on how darkroom has become lightroom thats all.:rolleyes:

It is good that not to embrassment yourself, digital darkroom is what we commonly refer as post processing.

when trying to put people in their place, it would be advisable to check one's grammar as well...

Just want to say hi to all of you! I just started on tinkering with the dark dark world of digital photography when my uncle gave me his DSLR camera a few weeks back. Since then I had only "played" with it once or twice. Finally decided to join the dark side totally!

Hi riftmage! Welcome to clubsnap!
It's a long-running 'inside joke' in Clubsnap that the "dark side" implies one has purchased a Nikon camera/system ---> i.e. joining the 'dark side' :D
So you have purchased a camera of your own?

The process of learning photography is pretty much endless. Good to get familiar with the operations of your camera, and basics of photography & light. Join some of the outings to meet fellow like-minded folks and learn together, if that is your inclination.

Please be patient with me if I make any stupig posts or "you can google this" questions!

But just because you are a newbie doesn't excuse laziness hor...
You are expected to be resourceful and find out the answers yourself, instead of asking EVERY question on this forum. Think: "Has this question been asked before?" before posting.

its good that u shld learn wad was called a joke. i'm a occassional poster on the digi darkroom and i'm certainly not dumb enough to not know wads photoshop. its jsut a play with words on how darkroom has become lightroom thats all.:rolleyes:

Joke and misleading is just a thin line apart.

It wasn't a constructive at all, and might mislead a newbiz who try to learn.

LOL, forgotten that you always advertise that you are well verse in your DI skill.

Last edited:
when trying to put people in their place, it would be advisable to check one's grammar as well...

Photography forum lah, not english forum. :bsmilie:

So you agreed in typing misleading post and later call it a joke???

Maybe i should start teaching ppls nature macro-photography in all the wrong way and later tell ppls it's just a joke.

Last edited:
I can understand how allenleonhart feels, coz a fellow CSer recently tried to "teach" me what a prime lens was, and that we don't refer to __x zoom with regards to DSLR lenses.

I really wanted to :mad2: but anyway I tried to keep my cool.

anyway in his defence I understood the joke... but I also understand your point that it might be misleading to the TS. Your point could have been better put across in post #9 though... seemed a bit insulting.

Last edited:
Muhaha..welcome to the dark side :)