Another newbie joining the dark side!!!

Thanks guys! Don't know about all those Nikon and lightroom thingies. At first I just thought the term "Digital Darkroom" sound so cool! Glad that it is all clear now! :)

I really hope to spend more time in this forum to learn more about digital photography since I like a lot of what are happening in the forum but I really have very little experience in participating in forums and surfing the internet (as I have to fight for the usage of the computer at home and the company don't have internet access).

By the way, the camera passed down to me by my uncle is a Canon500D.

Thanks guys! Don't know about all those Nikon and lightroom thingies. At first I just thought the term "Digital Darkroom" sound so cool! Glad that it is all clear now! :)

I really hope to spend more time in this forum to learn more about digital photography since I like a lot of what are happening in the forum but I really have very little experience in participating in forums and surfing the internet (as I have to fight for the usage of the computer at home and the company don't have internet access).

So is not the "dark" side :bsmilie::sweatsm: ..hee.. nonetheless the made or model aint matter, what matter is that u can learn and enjoy ur stay in ths wonderful community ..Cheers :)

Can anyone tell me why getting a Nikon is referred as 'Dark Side'? :dunno:

hi..im new also..i saw DIY project regarding IR camera..convert old digital camera to IR by removing mirror inside the boy and replace it with 4-6 layer of dark film..may i try later...i hope learn as much as i can in this forum...no dlsr yet but used to have Nikon FM10 and EOS300(film)

well just to clarify, so we don't mislead newbies:

1) The darkroom was the place where film negatives were exposed onto photographic paper. During this process, things could be done to alter the final image.
2) The digital darkroom refers to using software (eg. Adobe Lightroom, just one of the many different software available) to alter the image.

regarding your internet access issues... Perhaps you can install a router at home, so more than one PC can share the internet access?

Or else get the mobile broadband USB stick from one of our 3 big telcos. Plans start from about $14/month for unlimited usage.

Just want to say hi to all of you! I just started on tinkering with the dark dark world of digital photography when my uncle gave me his DSLR camera a few weeks back. Since then I had only "played" with it once or twice. Finally decided to join the dark side totally! ;p

Please be patient with me if I make any stupig posts or "you can google this" questions! :embrass::embrass:

Welcome to ClubSNAP. Ask all you "stupig" post. We will try our best to get you to "google this" answers. :bsmilie:

You got a nice uncle to give you a DSLR.

Anyways I've gone to the bright side. Hahaha...:bsmilie:

Can anyone tell me why getting a Nikon is referred as 'Dark Side'? :dunno:

It is due to the fact that all Nikon's lenses are in black color only.

Some of Canon's longer lenses are white in color, if you haven't noticed.

Welcome to CS :) & congrats on your new dark toy ;)

regarding your internet access issues... Perhaps you can install a router at home, so more than one PC can share the internet access?

Or else get the mobile broadband USB stick from one of our 3 big telcos. Plans start from about $14/month for unlimited usage.

Bro, even this one you also help to solve...:thumbsup::bsmilie:

Welcome to CS

Thanks for the suggestion ZerocoolAstra! But the main problem at home is that there is only 1 computer, so I will have to fight with whoever that wants to use the computer. Nevertheless I should be getting my own laptop pretty soon and will do what you had suggested.

Thanks once again for the welcome guys!

Thanks for the suggestion ZerocoolAstra! But the main problem at home is that there is only 1 computer, so I will have to fight with whoever that wants to use the computer. Nevertheless I should be getting my own laptop pretty soon and will do what you had suggested.

Thanks once again for the welcome guys!
for the price of a used Nikon D40 (~$400+), you could easily get a DIY PC from Sim Lim Sq.

Ta da!
Another PC to share the internet access.

It is due to the fact that all Nikon's lenses are in black color only.

Some of Canon's longer lenses are white in color, if you haven't noticed.

oh i see........

Welcome welcome! All this healthy banter sure is enjoyable :)