Salesperson: Yes.
Me: How much?
Salesperson: Er .. $150
Me: include GST?
Salesperson: Yes.
Me: ok. can I have one?
Salesperson: (take out one box)
Me: errm ... this one canon lah ... I want nikon
Salesperson: O, nikon one more expensive ... let's see ... no stock leh ...
Me: aiyoh ....
Salesperson: got 50/1.4, want or not?
Me: ermmm, not really, ... but how much is it?
Salesperson: $4xx
Me: hmmm ... how much you usually sell the 50/1.8?
Salesperson: nikon 1.8 one slightly cheaper, abt $4yy ...
Me: HUH??!! :bigeyes:
Salesperson: yah, more worth it to get 1.4 lah ...
Me: Thank you very much ... (walk out immediately)

;( draw your own conclusion...

I don't know wanna laugh or cry at your story.... :dunno: That's why I dont like to shop at Sim Lim for anything at all... I always end up at CP for my purchases.

went there twice,once for F80 & Once for 50mm, both the time it seems that they trying to RIP you off owed never in my life will go back to them...

Never had the experience of being ripped off over there. I think it's important to go there knowing the market price for the item that you want to buy.

I find it very weird. Are they trained to see face or what? I've heard so much complaints about them but I've personally shopped there. No nonsense, I was quoted more or less the same price as I would get else where and if no stock, that means no stock. They didn't try to sell me something else. Btw, I'm not a regular there. I prefer CP. Just curious. Do they only act that was to particular people?

just insist on what u want

I checked with the la jiao's there recently. They hired alot of of new (rather bengish) staff. I only bother to ask the la jiaos for anything.

Even so, they are sales pple (experienced) ones and not photographers. They wouldn't know everything esp at the forefront of digital stuff.

tmc17479 said:
always say something out of stock and then tried to sell you another.

Not sure if this is a coincidence. I went to AP to purchase a Sandisk 256MB Ultra II CF card last Monday and was told that it was out of stock at first. The late middle-aged man later offered me one without Ultra II but I don't want. Then, he went to check the shelf beside it and brought out Ultra II for me and it was definitely not the last piece on the shelf. I bought it at $135 after that.

Perhaps I have a "blur-photog" face??? ... second time kenna this kind of "service" from them already ... this should be my last time there ...

I dun mind if they dun give any discount to a non-regular ... or even sell at RRP ... but to try and chop like dat is really ^&($#^%(#% ... :(

CP and MS here I come ...

MS is my favourite,
competitive price and friendly services,
brought my SLR and lens there, and recently my digi viewcam,
before bargaining, price is already very competitive already :)

mysonlovenemo said:
MS is my favourite,
competitive price and friendly services,
brought my SLR and lens there, and recently my digi viewcam,
before bargaining, price is already very competitive already :)

yup yup...hvta concur with you too...MS CP services not bad lor...the prices there also very competitive...remembered that I bought my Lowepro 600AW there...realised that its almost 20-30 cheeper then elsewhere...heh...paid on the spot and walked out a happy man...heh heh....tats like almost a year ago thou...heh

kelster said:
yup yup...hvta concur with you too...MS CP services not bad lor...the prices there also very competitive...remembered that I bought my Lowepro 600AW there...realised that its almost 20-30 cheeper then elsewhere...heh...paid on the spot and walked out a happy man...heh heh....tats like almost a year ago thou...heh

I agree so. I like MS colour for their E-quote, its always cheaper than their verbal quote.

CP offers slightly more ex. pricing, but they dun rip you off like some in AP do.

I still patronize AP nowadays just to look for my "regular salesman". If he's not there, then it's bye to AP and hi to MS.

Yeah, definitely look for the Old birds there ( I too have a regular Salesmen ).They know u are serious buyers and give u good quotes. The news guys very blur one then they like to over quote u on the first go ( damm stupid one ) ...But seriously do your check first .. most likely u can get good deals there. I much prefer there to CP ( bad experience )

The first day when I got my 10D, I enquired the price of the Sigma 70-300mm APO Macro Super at AP and was quoted $500+.. I finally bought it for $350++ at MScolors :sweat:

Whatever the case, its also the responsibility of the buyer to be aware of the prices and also at the same tiem to be firm about what he intends to purchase...:D

coke21 said:
Whatever the case, its also the responsibility of the buyer to be aware of the prices and also at the same tiem to be firm about what he intends to purchase...:D

knowing the price before hand is one thing, i agree. But randomly quoting above RSP and hoping a naive customer/newbie would fall for it is IMO poor business form. U just need one customer complaining for the whole world to know.
sometimes it won't happen to u but the thought of these people being unpoliced is unsettling.

i have paid my fair dues in paying "school fees" to these photo vendors..and honestly i wish them all the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.