Another FZ5 Owner Reporting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
After an intensive 2 week research reviewing the FZ5 and comparing it with the Canon S2 I.S. I finally bought the FZ5 at AP today.

Price : $665 inclusive of GST.
I upgraded the SD card to a Kingston Elite Pro 1GB instead for extra $90 and another $28 for the compatible battery.
The guy refused to give me the screen protector for free, so I paid $5 for it.

Oddly, while all other compatible batteries usually have higher capacity, this one is lower. 600mAH against the normal 600+ for the original batt. Also, I messed up the screen protector by cutting it too small so its a waster $5...sigh...

Have yet to really try out the camera yet...charging the batteries first..heh heh.

airconvent said:
After an intensive 2 week research reviewing the FZ5 and comparing it with the Canon S2 I.S. I finally bought the FZ5 at AP today.

Price : $665 inclusive of GST.
I upgraded the SD card to a Kingston Elite Pro 1GB instead for extra $90 and another $28 for the compatible battery.
The guy refused to give me the screen protector for free, so I paid $5 for it.

Oddly, while all other compatible batteries usually have higher capacity, this one is lower. 600mAH against the normal 600+ for the original batt. Also, I messed up the screen protector by cutting it too small so its a waster $5...sigh...

Have yet to really try out the camera yet...charging the batteries first..heh heh.

welcome aboard ...

do join us for shooting...

PLUG #4 is on the way...

stay tune... ;)

:thumbsup:

:cheergal: airconvent :cheergal:

Welcome to the Panasonic World!

Enjoy your Fz5, it can do wonders!

Do join us on the next PLUG and look out for mini PLUG :bsmilie:

one advice for all fz1,3, 5 owners if possible should fixed the lens adaptor with uv filter on at all time and leave it there permanently.

eow said:
one advice for all fz1,3, 5 owners if possible should fixed the lens adaptor with uv filter on at all time and leave it there permanently.

Er... Why you draw line between (1, 3, 5) & (10, 20)? :cry: ;p

fz 10 & 20 also should leave the uv filter on.... ;)

actually all these models must put on la..and be kept dust free~

Last time got one small dust speck inside my inner lens, but now dunno go where liaoz...haha

eow said:

alamak..that's one item I forgot to buy...which one should I use and how much is it? I don't see any thread on the optics...how do we attach the filter?
cheers

the supplied adaptor had a 55mm thread , use the hoya uv 55mm filter to fit it it cost less than $10

airconvent said:
alamak..that's one item I forgot to buy...which one should I use and how much is it? I don't see any thread on the optics...how do we attach the filter?
cheers

once you join the plug outing you will kana the Tetsuhiko buy buy buy virus :bsmilie:

natnivek said:
Er... Why you draw line between (1, 3, 5) & (10, 20)? :cry: ;p

fz 10 & 20 also should leave the uv filter on.... ;)

:) yes u right
all the fzs all have it on at all time

my FZ5 is quite dusty inside, now visible dust/fine sand can be seen inside the lens and LCD after I went to the edge of desert.
Still didn't buy the UV filter yet, may be after send for cleaning then get one.

zcf said:
my FZ5 is quite dusty inside, now visible dust/fine sand can be seen inside the lens and LCD after I went to the edge of desert.
Still didn't buy the UV filter yet, may be after send for cleaning then get one.

dust can get in so easily? sounds pretty scary man...

well, because I went to a fine sandy desert with strong wind... Under normal usage I don't think the dust can get in easily.

hi, just bought my FZ5 from MS color today. STd pack with 256MB + bag for S$661 w/ GST, plus $5 for LCD protectr, plus $10 for the Hoya UV filter

wanted to upgrade for $30 to 512MB but the brand is "A data" from Taiwan, 50X speed. the 256MB is Kingston 40X. OEM battery is 680mA at $30 but no stk

realise that when I put on the adaptor to mount the UV filter, it cannot fit into the panasonic Lumix bag, what a waste. what bag to buy that can fit?

will join u guys in the next PLUG, when ah?

danlim said:
hi, just bought my FZ5 from MS color today. STd pack with 256MB + bag for S$661 w/ GST, plus $5 for LCD protectr, plus $10 for the Hoya UV filter

wanted to upgrade for $30 to 512MB but the brand is "A data" from Taiwan, 50X speed. the 256MB is Kingston 40X. OEM battery is 680mA at $30 but no stk

realise that when I put on the adaptor to mount the UV filter, it cannot fit into the panasonic Lumix bag, what a waste. what bag to buy that can fit?

hey same prob and i think the bag design sucks
i went down to beach rd army market and got myself a Tatonka camera bag, bargained to 26 dollars

hey anyone here can recommend any good shop in sim lim area or funan to get the UV protector, and price? thanks

i am also very new to good photo-taking

cheers

the uv should cost no more than 10 dollars
and price vary from shop to shop
get the 1gb...once u shoot in burst mode at full resolution
512mb will never be enough :)

danlim said:

1st sat of each month

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=135787&page=2

but if i leave the uv filter on, then i wont be able to cap the lens right? BTW this sounds silly but what am i supposed to use to clean the lens. i think there is a little spot on my lens. also, which 3rd party battery should i get for spare and how much approximately? thks heaps :)

chem said:
but if i leave the uv filter on, then i wont be able to cap the lens right? BTW this sounds silly but what am i supposed to use to clean the lens. i think there is a little spot on my lens. also, which 3rd party battery should i get for spare and how much approximately? thks heaps :)
Buy a lens cap that suit your UV filter.

chem said:

u can either use a microfibre cloth or lens pen for cleaning~

3rd party battery - can try getting the eastgear wan...around $28-$35

Status
Not open for further replies.