Another con job, nothing new...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Email:
I am Mr. T. xxxx, deputy senior regional manager at Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance in Yorkshire.I have urgent and very confidential business proposition for you. On June 6, 2000, Mr. Barry Kelly made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for forty-eight months, (being four years) valued at US$40,000,000.00, (forty Million, Dollars) in my branch. Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his employers, that Mr. Barry Kelly died from tsunami on his holidays in Thailand 26 December 2004. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.
etc etc etc......

This is a reminder to everyone that con man are still around in this world.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think the stupid one is not the receipients but the sender. This day and age, he think we're stupid?

There are SOME that are that stupid to believe... news that time reported one...

it only takes 1 out of 10 million to respond. portions a low.. but from that ONE person they can con few 100K already.

trust me, THERE ARE still such stupid ppl around.
When comes to $$, many will lost their common sense & fall into such scams.

evq said:
pssst.. I got a bridge to sell you.

evq said:

i still remember 1 from china, call to my office ask me to invest in excavation of the Qin Shi Huang tomb... hahaha... dunno wat they was doing simi digging, then found out alot of antiques... blah blah blah...

philliptan said:
Then "or bi good" to them lor... good lesson. :)
Ive read abt a lot of HWZ forumers got conned by Nigerians selling IT products dirt cheap.
Sent the $$ over, got the tracking number, but a empty box arrived.:bsmilie:

A few years ago, IIRC, a gullible Singaporean guy believed the scam, went to London to claim his money but was conned at Heathrow Airport.

philliptan said:

I think the stupid one is not the receipients but the sender. This day and age, he think we're stupid?

Yes! You have doubt?

philliptan said:

Don't think he is stupid because there are still people fall for his trick.

This things happen 'cos there is greed in people, and they cannot overcome their greedy desire.

well, this kind of things still exist so that the journalists can have something to write about, and we have something to talk about in kopitiam ;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i still remember 1 from china, call to my office ask me to invest in excavation of the Qin Shi Huang tomb... hahaha... dunno wat they was doing simi digging, then found out alot of antiques... blah blah blah...

then you tell them we also found a lot of antiques digging on Fort Canning Hill, ask them to invest also lah haha.

hwchoy said:
then you tell them we also found a lot of antiques digging on Fort Canning Hill, ask them to invest also lah haha.
Ya, we found some antiques Nikons, Canons, Leicas around the Peninsular area, very near to Fort Canning site, ask them to send some money over to facilitate the digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.