Not open for further replies.

Fred

Mar 4, 2002
Singapore
www.frednmich.com
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

I think the lighting not very evenly distributed,...

The hands look ghosty pale compare to the warmth of the body in the 2nd pic.

In the 3rd one, the light is too focus on her right side of the body liao!

Thanks for your comment, you're right ;)

The setup (not mine) was 2 strobe with modelling light lit (one on each side of the model) in a room lighted with halogen bulbs. My camera is not connected to the strobe hence cannot fire it, own flash was used resulting in different colour temp. as correctly assess by you.

All in all, this is a very tricky lighting condition to work under :cool:

Originally posted by Fred
Thanks for your comment, you're right ;)

The setup (not mine) was 2 strobe with modelling light lit (one on each side of the model) in a room lighted with halogen bulbs. My camera is not connected to the strobe hence cannot fire it, own flash was used resulting in different colour temp. as correctly assess by you.

All in all, this is a very tricky lighting condition to work under :cool:
I agreed with you on the cannot-connect-to-strode part and it can be quite a task.

I find that in these case, the flash might be better if stop down, let say abt -1 or -2 stop just to creat that sparkle in the eye and let the light source come mainly from the halogen bulb?

If poss, you might want to share your setting with us so that we can further talk abt it?

$0.02

Sure, would love to ;)

I've bought my flash just 2 hour before the event, and was trying it out ;)

It was bounced to the ceiling, with diffuser on, settings are 1/30, f4, ISO 125. Did not set negative value for the flash, as my lens cannot go below f4 and I'm unable to hand hold steadily below 1/30.

I really enjoyed the shoot, the models are very professional :cool:

Sure, would love to ;)

I've bought my flash just 2 hour before the event, and was trying it out ;)

It was bounced to the ceiling, with diffuser on, settings are 1/30, f4, ISO 125. Did not set negative value for the flash, as my lens cannot go below f4 and I'm unable to hand hold steadily below 1/30.

I really enjoyed the shoot, the models are very professional :cool:
Wow...
You win liao...... Just brought the flash 2 hr b4 and off you go to take model............ hehehahhahaaa

Anyway, I feel that if you going to bounce off the ceiling, there is no need for the diffuser. Might want to use a bounce card(Whatever it is called) and bounce some light onto the face and then let the halogen bulb do its work.

Shoot at a higher ISO, ie 200? Shld be ablt to get 1/50 or so...? But envy you that you got such a good chance to shoot model.......

Just my $0.02

Ya, I agree ;)

Have you check out my other threads, care to comment on those :cool:
Same thing on the other treads... I fell you need to shot at a higher shutter speed. If not the pic turn out blur and the head outline thingie!

BTW, have you try B/W ? Some pic I feel, look better in that! Esp the moody ones!

Hope I'll have the chance to try again :)

Good idea, maybe I'll convert it to B/W and post a comparison, stay tuned ;)

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Same thing on the other treads... I fell you need to shot at a higher shutter speed. If not the pic turn out blur and the head outline thingie!

BTW, have you try B/W ? Some pic I feel, look better in that! Esp the moody ones!

Correct! Fred, try to watch out your shutter speed. 1/30s is quite difficult to get critical sharp pix unless u use tripod/monopod. In most cases, camera shake is the MAJOR reason for unsharpness. Personally, I can tolerate more grainy other than unsharp pix.

BTW, hey the other Tom, u bought D30, ar?;p

Oh you mean you don't know...........
Sigh......
What a frd you are :p
Forgive me, Tom:embrass: :cry: Will be your side at anytime u know, hehe...

21.jpg

I prefer this beauty (see top) to the other.......how come so little of her n vice versa ????

quite a beauty, looks a bit like Ann Kok isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.